DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Let's make it happen in 2012!!! WE NEED TO REGROUP! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27008)

GiveMeAChance 04-09-2012 09:48 PM

Let's make it happen in 2012!!! WE NEED TO REGROUP!

We need better organization.

We need to work together.

Let's make these posts count.

If we really want to see a change this year, we need to do our HOMEWORK...

Here are my suggestions:

1. We need a new section specifically for updated information on where the DREAM Act is right now. How can it be brought back to a vote and who can do it? Once it goes back into voting, this is where we can track who it's going to next and who we need to contact.

2. We need a new section called something like "People against the DREAM Act". It'll list everyone who has voted against the DREAM Act and everyone who is oppossed to the DREAM Act. Those are the people we need to contact and convince. We need to find out why they are against it. We need to research their bio's and write up a letter that appeals to them on a personal level as to why we need the DREAM Act.

3. We need a section just for "Petitions". Anyone willing to draw one up can post it there. People can then choose which one they want to send or suggest changes or wording on them to make them better. Wording is everything when drawing these up. If they're too long they won't get read. If they're to short they might miss the point we're trying to get across.

4. We need 1 or 2 RESPONSIBLE people assigned per section to assure that only pertinent information makes it through. Sometimes too much information can be bad or confusing.

5. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE NEED TO DO: is UNITE all the DREAMers into one website! We need 100% UNITY. If you Google the DREAM Act there are too many individulally formed DREAM Act forums/websites. We must all agree on one OFFICIAL website to work together as ONE. Only then will we truly have a chance of achieving our goal! I'm not saying all the other sites should disappear but the creaters of all the sites should get together at least once a week to speak of progress and ideas. DREAMACT.INFO is the first website that pops up when you type "dream act" on any search engine.

Lets keep our general discussions going because we give each other support and we let each other know we're not alone. It is always good to vent here too. But that alone will not get us closer to our DREAM.

We all want the same thing. To get the DREAM Act passed.

Having members is not enough. We need each and every one of us to be committed. I am committed to giving it my 100% until the DREAM Act is passed.

Are you committed?

GiveMeAChance 04-09-2012 10:17 PM

Re: Let's make it happen in 2012!!! WE NEED TO REGROUP!

You know how some sites have a "terms of agreement" they have to click on before they sign up. We should add a "Terms of Commitment". Just a short paragraph that says I am committed to the cause and am willing to do my part in helping the DREAM Act pass..."

You should also add an option as to what kind of member they want to be. Do they just want to do their part by sending out emails or can they commit more time to help organize?

We can do this. We can do this! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

GiveMeAChance 04-09-2012 11:05 PM

I currently reside in Illinois. I'm 28 and I will do whatever needs to be done to make our dream come true this year. My time is running out due to the cutoff age :(

I'm willing to help this website in whatever needs to be done.

Right now I feel that we're too scattered. We need to organize.

2Face 04-10-2012 01:36 PM

Yes, I am in on this. One thing I have in mind is, we need to come out with a video in which we officially as Dreamers support the Rubio bill and call on Democrats to compromise with it. At the same time, the video must list all those on the fence senators who are up for reelection and voted no on the bill in 2010. The video must be also pay tribute to Joaquin Luna and all other dreamers who have sacrificed.

GiveMeAChance 04-10-2012 01:52 PM

Yes. I can't believe I forgot :( We need a section to honor all the dreamers who have sacrificed. I'm not familiar with what the Rubio Bill says but I'll check up on it.

Thenavysong 04-11-2012 03:36 AM

Hey crazy idea, but we should make a real-time chat room available for all Dreamers.
Not just members of this website, but all dreamers on all those other Dream Act websites.
I was thinking about IRC (internet Relay Chat) which is very popular. No registration is required and it can run 24/7. Posting relevant dates for chatting about a rally/march/etc. could be done quickly on the forum and elsewhere and would unite people in a more personal manner.

What do you think?

p.s. The chat in this website isn't really convenient since many requirements must me met first, you have to register, it lags at times, etc.

GiveMeAChance 04-11-2012 09:16 AM

Hmmm I didn't even know this place had a chat room. But what's the point of it if we can't get people to come at the same time? We can't be in it 24/7 *frustrated*

Thenavysong 04-11-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiveMeAChance (Post 250478)
Hmmm I didn't even know this place had a chat room. But what's the point of it if we can't get people to come at the same time? We can't be in it 24/7 *frustrated*

That's my point. The chat room itself will be opened 24/7 but that doesn't particularly mean you have to be there all day.
If something important is going to happen, or you have a cause you want people to act on, just post on the Dream Act Pages a little message with the date and time.

I'm sure people would gladly make their way to the chatroom at that time.

Of course, in case someone needs moral support, advice, or information the person can still access the chat room and maybe run into someone.
The rules of IRC are very strict. That's what I love about the network.

STrict rules can be implemented; getting rid of spammers, bigotry, and offensive members.

GiveMeAChance 04-11-2012 07:22 PM

Too bad the administrator hasn't commented.

drock226 04-11-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenavysong (Post 250515)
That's my point. The chat room itself will be opened 24/7 but that doesn't particularly mean you have to be there all day.
If something important is going to happen, or you have a cause you want people to act on, just post on the Dream Act Pages a little message with the date and time.

I'm sure people would gladly make their way to the chatroom at that time.

Of course, in case someone needs moral support, advice, or information the person can still access the chat room and maybe run into someone.
The rules of IRC are very strict. That's what I love about the network.

STrict rules can be implemented; getting rid of spammers, bigotry, and offensive members.

lol evertime im online no one else is on....lets pick a time and day!