DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How many people will be qualified for House Compromise Bill ? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82214)

Vze77ach 06-20-2018 02:18 PM

How many people will be qualified for House Compromise Bill ?

Hi! Everyone

I read all the texts in this GOP House Compromise bill, then I found out that even this bill passed, I will not be eligible to apply due to the removal order. I was brought to US by my mom in 2000. We failed to attend the immigration hearing because we never received the notice in the mail.

I mean it's a long list of eligibility requirements in this bill. It's not moderate at all.

How many people will be excluded due to removal order ?

This bill makes no fucking sense ! anyone with or without removal order can apply for DACA as long as you meet other criteria. But this bill is totally different.

What is the chance that this Bill will pass?

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-20-2018 02:55 PM

Re: How many people will be qualified for House Compromise Bill ?

No one really knows but its gonna leave a lot of people out

base on things like

- Did not register for SS
- Did not notified DHS of address change
- Worked illegally ( used a fake ssn, ect ect)
- Accusations are treated as convictions

IamAman 06-20-2018 04:14 PM

It's a double whammy for me so I'm out.

jorgeag92 06-20-2018 04:48 PM

I qualify easy. How do people even get removal orders? is it when you walk across the border? Serious question

a.martin3z 06-20-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgeag92 (Post 710628)
I qualify easy. How do people even get removal orders? is it when you walk across the border? Serious question

I believe one would get a removal order when you lose immigration court proceedings.

gely_velazquez 06-20-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgeag92 (Post 710628)

My aunt (undocumented) traveled from Utah to Texas about 10yrs ago via bus. We told her not to, but didn’t listen. She was briefly detained at a check point but was released because she had 2 young children with her and the entire family was issued a voluntary deportation order. She stayed in the US. So now my cousin who was 7 at the time has a removal order that would disqualify her from adjusting status given the current bill.

libertarian1776 06-20-2018 05:19 PM

how can one find out that they have a removal order?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gely_velazquez (Post 710640)
My aunt (undocumented) traveled from Utah to Texas about 10yrs ago via bus. We told her not to, but didn’t listen. She was briefly detained at a check point but was released because she had 2 young children with her and the entire family was issued a voluntary deportation order. She stayed in the US. So now my cousin who was 7 at the time has a removal order that would disqualify her from adjusting status given the current bill.

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-20-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 710642)
how can one find out that they have a removal order?

You don't find out. Sometimes letters are never sent or get lost in the mail. You move and change addresses so that letter will never reach to you. 20 years later you try to adjust only to find out you have a removal order.

Thats the reality that many dreamers are facing. They were too little to remember and found out the hardway.

libertarian1776 06-20-2018 05:36 PM

can you FOIA it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 710645)
You don't find out. Sometimes letters are never sent or get lost in the mail. You move and change addresses so that letter will never reach to you. 20 years later you try to adjust only to find out you have a removal order.

Thats the reality that many dreamers are facing. They were too little to remember and found out the hardware.

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-20-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 710650)
can you FOIA it?

Yes, you can find by submitting an FOIA. I strongly suggest you do. Especially if you are an visa over stayer