DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   allow us to conduct polls to unbann certain members (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26248)

S4l 01-30-2012 07:44 PM

allow us to conduct polls to unbann certain members

I was bit concerned when many months the uif had an argument with life dreamer and he and other members got banned. then some time after when icecreampony then mrochan/backstab. then now mantequilla. what I mean to say is that some of theese members made in my opinion the forum a litte bit more fun to read, entertaining, sometimes I was against some statements completely but I aknowledge their arguments. If anyone says something we disagree with we can allways refute their arguments based on our own analysis of the situation. but I think it would be too much to ask if the forum could atleast do a "thread" posting a poll on the reasons for banishment. ie a trial by their peers the other members while the moderator still maintaining the acting position of making the final judgement. it probably seems unnecessary but just a bit more democratic

JohannBernoulli1667 01-30-2012 07:53 PM

Re: allow us to conduct polls to unbann certain members

Just make the poll on the "Other Topics" section.

DareToAct 01-30-2012 09:26 PM

everyone deserves a second chance even when they can be complete arses :)

Ali 01-31-2012 01:48 AM

mantequilla/butter/life dreamer are all the same i reckon

MantequillaPart2 01-31-2012 01:53 AM

NEVER in your pathetic Canadian life compare me to lifedreamer I am 01234/Mantequilla/butters

DareToAct 01-31-2012 02:00 AM

yay your back to wreak havoc! :)

JohannBernoulli1667 01-31-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MantequillaPart2 (Post 244760)
you have no idea what im capable off. but ima hold back >: D

Haha you are back!

Nick 01-31-2012 07:17 PM

I have to draw the line here, sorry.

We have made the mod selection process as democratic as possible, and I am very grateful to Swim, fresh, and buckminsterfullerene for the work they already do. I trust their judgment fully and so should you. ;-)

carnivore 02-01-2012 01:10 AM

I think a warning system would be appropriate. If you get 3 warnings you get banned for example.

Swim19 02-01-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnivore (Post 244882)
I think a warning system would be appropriate. If you get 3 warnings you get banned for example.

We have an infraction system, which is basically a warning system. Any of the long time members have always been either previously given infractions, banned temporarily, or sent an warning e-mail before being banned permanently.

carnivore 02-01-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 244906)
We have an infraction system, which is basically a warning system. Any of the long time members have always been either previously given infractions, banned temporarily, or sent an warning e-mail before being banned permanently.

Ah, I see. Then fair enough. :)