DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Employment Related Thread for DACA Approved (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=35871)

carlo_flash 12-14-2012 06:41 PM

Employment Related Thread for DACA Approved

Hello everyone!

I noticed how there's no thread yet for employment related issues for DACA approved.
We can discuss job related issues here, like job applications, interviews, EAD renewals, e-verify, and employer's issues regarding DACA. We can also talk about job opportunities and many more....

WELCOME!

carlo_flash 12-16-2012 07:09 AM

Re: Employment Related Thread for DACA Approved

So anyone found a job already?

Did application went fine?

DeeJamilia 12-16-2012 10:51 AM

I'm not having luck finding a job, due to no experience. I did get hired at Macy's but couldn't take the position due to my availability. They wanted full time & I can only work part-time. Hopefully after the holiday seasons I will find a job.

vale6777 12-16-2012 11:11 AM

I got a job at a bank as a teller. I'm getting paid really well. I was really scared about the extensive background tests they ran, but I got the job! I just finished my first week of training :-)

DeeJamilia 12-16-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vale6777 (Post 394526)
I got a job at a bank as a teller. I'm getting paid really well. I was really scared about the extensive background tests they ran, but I got the job! I just finished my first week of training :-)

& what were the qualifications for you to get this job?

IcanOnlyDream 12-16-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJamilia (Post 394524)
I'm not having luck finding a job, due to no experience. I did get hired at Macy's but couldn't take the position due to my availability. They wanted full time & I can only work part-time. Hopefully after the holiday seasons I will find a job.

That's weird, during the holidays they hire part time or full time. In fact, most of the ppl that apply want full time but are only offered part time.

DeeJamilia 12-16-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcanOnlyDream (Post 394534)
That's weird, during the holidays they hire part time or full time. In fact, most of the ppl that apply want full time but are only offered part time.

I already have a full time job, but I get payed under the table. It pays good & I'm looking for a second job part time.

Happyman0607 12-16-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

I'm thinking about applying at a local bank as well, what's your hours/wages and qualifications?

sweetDreams7 12-16-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Congrats on your new job vale6777 as a side note. Dont forget were we come from. Please! dont ever look down at ppl just because they show the Matricula as ID. I went to US bank and felt completely turned down and discriminated against for showing my matricula. As a dreamer I think and hope that when ppl show you something else other than state ID you will remember that we are all equal. Regardless of status.
Congrats again. My fellow Dreamer.

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-16-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJamilia (Post 394543)
I already have a full time job, but I get payed under the table. It pays good & I'm looking for a second job part time.

You know that's illegally and are making the rest of us look bad. If you can lawfully work then do it. Why EAD if you're just going to be working under the table. How ironic actually