DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Missed Biometrics App (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=68291)

nydreamer 08-01-2014 07:24 PM

Missed Biometrics App

I missed my original biometrics appointment. I was away for the summer boarding and studying at a college away from home. I called the USCIS number and they told me to mail back the letter and check the box requesting a different date. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with this process, and if I could just show up as a walk-in even though my appointment is almost a month past due?

zone2oo0 08-01-2014 11:38 PM

Re: Missed Biometrics App

Why don't you try it and let everybody know instead of hoping for some one else with the same situation.. i mean if i know that i have a very important appointment i would try to make things work.

cdeals26 08-02-2014 02:08 AM

You can try to do a walk-in. Just go as soon as you can, and hopefully they will let you in. I think someone else was in the same situation you were, and that's what they did. I don't know if they were allowed to do it, but it is worth a shot.

Good luck.

alejandralopez 08-02-2014 03:50 PM

I was in your same situation! I came back from a two week vacation and found out I had missed my appointment, I went to the USCIS office in Phoenix two days later and explained the situation. They were really nice and let me just do a walk in with them! :)

Sorrybrah 08-02-2014 03:58 PM

Lol how can you schedule a vacation, come back, and "just" find out that you missed your scheduled biometrics? Pretty silly.

Talk about priorities

Just my .2

Michcio07 08-02-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorrybrah (Post 536564)
Lol how can you schedule a vacation, come back, and "just" find out that you missed your scheduled biometrics? Pretty silly.

Talk about priorities

Just my .2

I don't get you people... missing biometric is nothing HUGE its just ur dam fking finger prints. Dude had a vacation planned and during it he got a letter with a date.... and he missed it cuz guess what? He was on VACATION. you don't go on vacation without planning, you plan and go on vacation. ;/

Every other person has a smart ass comment on this forum. Go do something productive if you won't answer normally.

Sorrybrah 08-02-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michcio07 (Post 536571)
I don't get you people... missing biometric is nothing HUGE its just ur dam fking finger prints. Dude had a vacation planned and during it he got a letter with a date.... and he missed it cuz guess what? He was on VACATION. you don't go on vacation without planning, you plan and go on vacation. ;/

Every other person has a smart ass comment on this forum. Go do something productive if you won't answer normally.

What is a normal answer? What do you mean by "do something productive"?

I am actually sitting down at my job, youtubing, doing some school work while writing this. I am sure that is productive enough.

Also, why are you so aggressive brah? I am sure the OP is a very responsible person. I was referring to the lady who took a brief vacation.

It's nothing to "trip" over. I was just stating my .2 - Last time I heard every member is free to contribute his/her opinion on this board.

You're a smart man.

Any updates on your google internship?

Michcio07 08-02-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorrybrah (Post 536564)
You're a smart man.

Any updates on your google internship?

Got into 2nd round of interviews and didn't hear anything from them since, but that was a while back. Since than working on two start ups. Time will show what will happen with that ;)

zone2oo0 08-02-2014 05:44 PM

Since then, but that's none of my business.

also, this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michcio07 (Post 536577)

Except that, without your "dam fkin finger prints" the application doesn't move along and will be considered as abandoned. Kind of a HUGE deal, but hey don't listen to any of us and let it lapse again, fk it right?

We comment because WE care.

donquijote 08-05-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michcio07 (Post 536571)

Hi,

I am merely quoting the ASC Appointment Notice, which I think you have not read. It reads: "If you fail to appear as scheduled, your request will be considered abandoned."

Well, I guess those"[sic] dam, fking finger prints" are pretty important, wouldn't you say?

To the original poster, although I do not condone your irresponsible behavior I do wish you success in resolving this matter.

Best of luck