DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Marco Rubio’s Immigration Plans Foiled (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28121)

lilbawler2001 06-17-2012 04:44 PM

Marco Rubio’s Immigration Plans Foiled

Quote:

It’s hard to steal someone’s thunder when they have been working on a bill for three months and receiving a lot of coverage for it,” quipped a Senate Democratic aide. “Detractors can say what they will about President Obama’s plan, but it gets results.” “Sen. Rubio should be praising the president,” the aide continued, adding that the junior Senator from Florida “did not have a plan to get his plan through the Congress.”

Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), who has been working for 12 years to pass the DREAM Act, said in an interview that he still hopes the president’s action helps Rubio find Republican support for a more permanent solution.
“I want Sen. Rubio to succeed, I’ve encouraged him.” Durbin said. “What the president did today, I hope that it will help him.”
The DREAM Act would provide a path to citizenship for some illegal immigrants who agree to go to college or join the military. The bill passed the House in 2010 but came up short in the Senate.
Durbin said despite his hopes, he does not believe he or Rubio will be successful this Congress. “I think [the DREAM Act is] still tough to pass this year. I’m working with Sen. Rubio; I hope we can pass it in the Senate with a bipartisan vote,” Durbin said. “That’s a good thing even if the House won’t take it up. But until we have a House of Representatives that is more open to immigration reform, I’m afraid it’s not likely to occur.”
http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_15...1.html?pos=hln

Durbin himself has spoken!!

xangal 06-17-2012 04:57 PM

Re: Marco Rubio’s Immigration Plans Foiled

Dreamers who will be able to apply to the new policy cannot get cozy, you can still age out if your not careful in pushing forward. The longer Congress drags it's feet, the amount of people that age out will increase.

JohannBernoulli1667 06-17-2012 05:02 PM

As long as you you meet the requirements with the initial things. I think you can re-new indefinately. Someone confirm this please.

hgr1915 06-17-2012 05:22 PM

Well I read in forum that if you were 30 on the day this memo was order and the next day you turn 31 you will still qualify. So I think as long as you were with in the age range at moment of enactment then you should be able to renew it for aslong as they allow us to.

Ianus 06-17-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 260632)
As long as you you meet the requirements with the initial things. I think you can re-new indefinately. Someone confirm this please.

Technically,as long as the guidelines exist and are not reversed by either a new President,DHS secretary,halted by a Federal court or Congressional intervention it certainly seems that way!

DA User 06-17-2012 06:01 PM

So DA bill will be coming soon this month?

Smooth 06-17-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgr1915 (Post 260637)
Well I read in forum that if you were 30 on the day this memo was order and the next day you turn 31 you will still qualify. So I think as long as you were with in the age range at moment of enactment then you should be able to renew it for aslong as they allow us to.

Yep !!!!!

Erik1421 06-17-2012 07:10 PM

We need Da user to be optimistic as always. We will fight for you bro, we know how it feels.

DA User 06-17-2012 08:13 PM

Durbin is one who does not play politics and knows the how tough it is to be an immigrant in USA at first.

Lot of the Congress people were born with a silver spoon in their mouth so they don't know until they put themselves in an immigrant's shoes.

We need Vargas' help also for 30+ Dreamers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik1421 (Post 260688)
We need Da user to be optimistic as always. We will fight for you bro, we know how it feels.

Please do.