DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Anyone else feeling numb? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78092)

Battitude2 09-05-2017 12:21 PM

Anyone else feeling numb?

First, I'm sure something will be done for us and at a minimum we will get the bridge act. Hopefully better.

I'm drained. I cried my eyes out all of last week, but today after the announcement I am just numb. I don't feel sad. I'm just over it. The decision got punted for 6 months. No current recipients are in any danger for another 6 months. We are ok. This feels no different than the day Trump took office and the threat of the end of DACA was upon us. While DACA won't continue forever, it remains in effect for 6 more months, for some people even longer. I'm just numb. Actually, whenever I think of UWD, I get irate at their stupidity for wanting to sacrifice us for something unattainable, but other than that I'm over it.

dmv18 09-05-2017 12:40 PM

Re: Anyone else feeling numb?

Roller coaster of emotions for me, but nothing beats the feeling when the Dream Act actually failed in the Senate (2010). That was the closest for us, and even had talks about the lack of plastic cards for green cards if it passes. This one not so much. It opens up talks. We are out of the shadows, which means that if a Dreamer is deported it would be a bigger issue. All I'm worried about is the progress we've made in each of our lives because of DACA.

JohannBernoulli1667 09-05-2017 12:42 PM

I feel alright, election was when it was painful, I am over it now. Anything good that happens is a +

Laterlater 09-05-2017 12:42 PM

Not really.

Was to be expected since the election results of 2016.

zalmoxe 09-05-2017 12:42 PM

I'm numb and currently at work. I don't wanna mess up tax returns so had to step outside the office and taking a walk for lunch break. God please help us!!!! About to cry here.

Casillas17 09-05-2017 12:42 PM

Surprisingly, I was more spooked when trump was elected president.
Yes Daca will be removed in 6 months and we will all begin to expire, but I have hope congress will finally do the right thing and permanently legalize us all once and for all.
I am confident we will.

RedBlueGreen 09-05-2017 12:43 PM

I broke down on election night, but things turned out a lot better than I imagined they would.

MIdreamer 09-05-2017 12:45 PM

I'm just so done with this. I'm getting old and I don't know what to do or where to go.

LMM 09-05-2017 12:46 PM

I don't know how to feel right now. Mostly indifferent.

If congress doesn't pass something that will help us we have to find a way to continue on.

T published an statement saying that DACA recipients are low priority unless they are criminals or in gangs. I'm fine with that.

I feel that some of us still have some options, but others, who are in very private sectors (work related), will have a harder time finding a job for their chosen careers. I feel like I have some options ahead once my work permit expires. Not the greatest options but it's better than zero options.

I feel horrible for those with little to no options that have homes, apartments, loans, leases, cars, etc, etc. How will most of us be able to afford to pay for these high-cost items without the ability to work legally? How can we continue driving when most of our licenses expire within 6 months to 2 years tops?

Sure we can easily just stop paying our bills, go into bankruptcy, leave the country, whatever. But that will also hurt companies who entrusted us with such big loans and probably affect others as well. Not only that but we have been paying taxes and a lot of it.

Overall, this decision was more negative than positive.

ceaguila 09-05-2017 12:46 PM

I'm not shocked, I was more numb on election night. What I am is fucking angry because of the way the racist elf Sessions spoke about us. I'm boiling