DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Why do I get the feeling that we're not going to see Deferred Actiong application... (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28435)

Moizy 07-02-2012 02:32 PM

Why do I get the feeling that we're not going to see Deferred Actiong application...

...until August 15?

They are really following the "60 days to come up with a process" aren't they.

I was on the USCIS website, and I saw the application for a work permit, it tells you that if you are under deferred action you can apply. I guess thats where their warning came from on the deferred action page on Their website to not apply.

When do you guys think it will be released? Not being impatient, just want to know what everyone thinks about it and when they think the application will become available. And whoever guesses it right, well, you sir are very cool then.

jayman2717 07-02-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Why do I get the feeling that we're not going to see Deferred Actiong application

no body knows, i hope that this announcement is not a joke before election.

Moizy 07-02-2012 02:40 PM

Re: Why do I get the feeling that we're not going to see Deferred Actiong application

I really hope that as well.

What's your guess on the date when it will be available?

immigration truth 07-02-2012 02:44 PM

Guys calm down, they just announced this two weeks ago, did you really expect some magical application and the infrastructure for it created by now? They are going to handle hundreds of thousands of applications. It's also highly unlikely this is a joke, you just don't announce this before an entire nation in front of massive media attention and go halfway on this. So calm down, relax, and when late July-early august comes around then get pumped. But until then gather your documents.

Dream_Pajama 07-02-2012 02:51 PM

Well honestly, I've waited this long...60 more days isn't going to kill me.

I don't mind waiting at all as long as USCIS spends their time wisely by making sure the process is clear and as problem free as possible and all their workers are properly trained and familiarized.

Just chill and stay out of trouble. Gather your documents and keep checking for any updates or news on the application and process. This is something you do not want them [USCIS] to rush through and screw up (for our sake).

elihu 07-02-2012 03:02 PM

Not a joke. Also, they're taking on 20% increase in capacity in two months. It's not terribly surprising they're taking a while.

ECW 07-02-2012 03:04 PM

I know this seems too good to be true, but this is the real deal guys. It's going to take around the 60 days mark, A top official from a USCIS processing center down here in a South Florida was on the radio the other day and he was saying they found out about this deferred action on June 15 just like everybody else. So they are still trying to get everything in order.

DamLeon123 07-02-2012 04:01 PM

At the minimum it will take the USCIS (which is one of the most incompetent bureaucratic agencies the US has to offer) until August 15th. What worries is how much after, if all goes well, will it take for us to get a work permits in our very hands.

iDream 07-02-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moizy (Post 264848)
...until August 15?

They are really following the "60 days to come up with a process" aren't they.

I was on the USCIS website, and I saw the application for a work permit, it tells you that if you are under deferred action you can apply. I guess thats where their warning came from on the deferred action page on Their website to not apply.

When do you guys think it will be released? Not being impatient, just want to know what everyone thinks about it and when they think the application will become available. And whoever guesses it right, well, you sir are very cool then.

I think you need to find something to keep your self busy. I mean im getting impatient as well but i try to channel my energy into something positive than to think like this.

K-Man 07-02-2012 10:09 PM

This is just like when people ask "When is Dream Act going to pass?"

No one . fucking. knows.

Some of you guys need to realize that even AFTER the application is released, it will be few more weeks or MONTHS for us to get the biometrics/work permitted approved and be on our way. I bet that will be far more than 60 days, and people will still complain on here how it's not here soon enough.

Just please take comfort in knowing that it's coming, for certain, and stop creating these bs threads.

ECW 07-02-2012 10:13 PM

^
K-Man where you been??

K-Man 07-02-2012 10:49 PM

I've been around, believe it or not I'm still few under the age cap :)

Moizy 07-02-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Man (Post 264937)
This is just like when people ask "When is Dream Act going to pass?"

No one . fucking. knows.

Some of you guys need to realize that even AFTER the application is released, it will be few more weeks or MONTHS for us to get the biometrics/work permitted approved and be on our way. I bet that will be far more than 60 days, and people will still complain on here how it's not here soon enough.

Just please take comfort in knowing that it's coming, for certain, and stop creating these bs threads.

Lol calm down bro.

Im asking people to guess when they think it will be released. I know no one knows lol.

will_con 07-03-2012 12:25 AM

Considering the fact that Rubio's version of the Dream Act was merely speculated for the past two months, waiting until August 15th will be like nothing. Had his version of the Dream Act passed (which very few of us thought would), we would be waiting for months for a temporary green card that would give us similar privileges to what we are getting now. We should consider ourselves lucky because there are those that waited years and aged out of this deferred action.

2Face 07-03-2012 11:29 AM

August 15th is my country's independence day...how fitting.

JohannBernoulli1667 07-04-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 265026)
August 15th is my country's independence day...how fitting.

You must be from S.Korea , India, Bahrain or Republic of the Congo :p

I think the first one :)

DA User 07-04-2012 12:34 AM

How long did it take DHS to setup the Morton memo?

1Up 07-04-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 265145)
You must be from S.Korea , India, Bahrain or Republic of the Congo :p

I think the first one :)

Haha I was gonna reply the same thing >.< but I didn't know about Congo. I'm gonna guess Indian.

kikibay92 07-04-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Up (Post 265176)
Haha I was gonna reply the same thing >.< but I didn't know about Congo. I'm gonna guess Indian.

lol, he's half korean and half indian

immigration truth 07-04-2012 09:19 AM

Didn't he remark once that he was Kenyan???????

JohannBernoulli1667 07-04-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immigration truth (Post 265193)
Didn't he remark once that he was Kenyan???????

Kenya's independence day is Dec 12 I believe.

immigration truth 07-04-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 256164)
Interesting thing to consider indeed. Personally, I wouldn't mind living in the city I'm from, Nairobi, one of the developing cities in Africa. However, I don't think I could fully have everything I want over there that I see in America. The exchange rate is the biggest killer. The story completely changes once you've made enough money and can afford to invest over there. Point is I think I would need a back up before being able to settle in Nairobi. I would be more hopeful in living in cities in South Africa, much more advanced.

I do think he's Kenyan, unless he's an Indo-Kenyan?????? LOL at us trying to guess though.

Dukem88 07-04-2012 05:11 PM

they said 60 days so why would u assume it would be earlier?

RiRi777 07-04-2012 07:03 PM

I don't mind the wait, what's a few weeks compared to the last 13 years of my life. Though I hope there's some new news that comes from the Monday conference call.

2Face 07-05-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immigration truth (Post 265246)
I do think he's Kenyan, unless he's an Indo-Kenyan?????? LOL at us trying to guess though.

Indian from Kenya brahhh you got it...hahaha Indians are everywhere you can imagine...crazy fuckers. Don't be fooled by the Kanedian flag, place got a special place in my heart.

ankitkiko 07-05-2012 11:23 AM

hey 2 face. you're like me then. indian from kenya :)

Moizy 07-05-2012 12:52 PM

August 15th is my home country's Independence as well lol

kikibay92 07-05-2012 02:01 PM

Out of curiosity, is the Indian population in Kenya came from the British colonial era? In Hong Kong, we also have a large population of Indian population from the British colonial time period.

2Face 07-05-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikibay92 (Post 265386)
Out of curiosity, is the Indian population in Kenya came from the British colonial era? In Hong Kong, we also have a large population of Indian population from the British colonial time period.

I'm sure there are a few Indians there whose ancestors came from India and have lost some of the culture themselves but for the most part, most that I knew or I know of right now who live there are just regular Indians who fully practice their culture, speak the language, and have family back home. Just like Indians living in US. Eastern Africa is a major hub for them. India is a short 5 hour flight from there. Plus its a great place to do business and live in general minus the security issues...Ok so back to the topic..that Deferred Application is coming very soon...My dream will not be deferred any longer!

DA User 07-05-2012 11:26 PM

Joaquin Luna would have qualified if he was alive right?

Dark Apotheosis 07-05-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DA User (Post 265540)
Joaquin Luna would have qualified if he was alive right?

I didn't know his story; just now read through it. Very sad, indeed. Even sadder to think that those were exactly my thoughts right out of high school years back - possibly the same thoughts through most of us Dreamers' minds, as a matter of fact.

When people refer to Obama's June 15th policy a "lifeline", it isn't just a metaphor.

Among the many muddled thoughts of helplessness during that time, "should I return to my country?" was accompanied by "or should I even keep on living and trying?".

DamLeon123 07-06-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Apotheosis (Post 265549)
I didn't know his story; just now read through it. Very sad, indeed. Even sadder to think that those were exactly my thoughts right out of high school years back - possibly the same thoughts through most of us Dreamers' minds, as a matter of fact.

When people refer to Obama's June 15th policy a "lifeline", it isn't just a metaphor.

Among the many muddled thoughts of helplessness during that time, "should I return to my country?" was accompanied by "or should I even keep on living and trying?".

The blood of Joaquin Luna is on the hands of those republicans and democrats that voted against the DREAM in 2010.

DA User 07-06-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Apotheosis (Post 265549)

Dick Durbin talked about him after he passed away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamLeon123 (Post 265696)
The blood of Joaquin Luna is on the hands of those republicans and democrats that voted against the DREAM in 2010.

That was what was mentioned in the articles.