DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   NEWS on DACA (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82351)

Red neck 07-12-2018 09:11 AM

NEWS on DACA

@TheToddSchulte
Follow Follow @TheToddSchulte
More
NEWS on DACA - Late tonight, DOJ filed in the DC court a memo from the DHS Secretary. This was in response to the Judge essentially telling the government that if it wanted to end DACA, it needed to revamp and give much better reasons...(thread)

This will NOT change anything immediately - I want to be clear on that. We believe the BIG next inflection--and potential crisis point--is likely on or just after August 8th when Judge Hanen in TX has his hearing on a different DACA case--BUT tonight's filing is a BIG deal bc...

This is a HUGE shift by the administration. We all remember AG Sessions gleefully saying DACA was illegal--and THAT was why they were ending it--and the President acting like he had no choice in this matter...

but tonight in the face of bad court rulings the administration is now admitting that EVEN IF a court ruled DACA legal, they'd STILL WANT want to end it anyway. Because they claim they can. This is a huge shift and people should take note. It doesn't match up to prior claims..

That cavalier attitude to the incredible harm to the lives of 700,000 young people who have never known any home but the US mirrors the Administration's horrific decision to rip away thousands of young children from their parents. It is wrong and unAmerican. (fin)

Can anyone confirm this?

JohannBernoulli1667 online
0 AP
I got this email from United we Dream...

So here is the thing: the Department of Justice just said that no matter what the courts rule, their aim is to end DACA, including the renewal process. To be clear, DACA renewals are still being accepted. And the court case is still developing, but we encourage you to apply for your renewal as soon possible and to visit RenewMyDACA.com to get more info on how to renew.

This moment is important: share these 7 steps on how to renew your DACA!

Remember, various courts have kept the renewals process open already, and now the DC District Court could make their final decision as early as July 23. Here’s a quick recap of the DC court case: DC District Court Judge Bates gave the Trump administration 90 days to come up with a better reason for having ended DACA. Otherwise, Judge Bates would rule that USCIS must return to accepting new DACA applications along with renewals. But again, the court’s decision isn’t final yet. This memo is DOJ’s response to Judge Bates’ request. DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen also sent a memo in June affirming that DHS also wants to end the DACA program.

In simpler terms, the Trump administration is willing to do whatever it takes to permanently terminate the DACA program. They’re making their own rules in order to tear our communities apart. But we will continue to fight back. The power of our immigrant youth was what got us DACA in the first place. We are not backing down now. But we have to make sure you have the resources available to renew.

Knowledge is power, and we are powerful!

JohannBernoulli1667 07-12-2018 09:24 AM

Re: NEWS on DACA

They probably want to lean on the courts decision that the President has broad power over immigrantion.

JJ Glo 07-12-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 713406)
They probably want to lean on the courts decision that the President has broad power over immigrantion.

Then that makes the argument that DACA was illegal in the first place obsolete.

DogJuiceMan 07-12-2018 09:54 AM

I think at this point they should just codify DACA into law, and extend the validity date to five years, with renewal date starting when the previous ends.

"Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution." old russian proverb

2MoreYears 07-12-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogJuiceMan (Post 713414)
I think at this point they should just codify DACA into law, and extend the validity date to five years, with renewal date starting when the previous ends.

"Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution." old russian proverb

Not gonna happen without a wall. And trump ain't getting his wall. Our only hope is, given a democrat wins next election, these suits linger on in the court system past trumps first term.

dtrt09 07-12-2018 10:34 AM

Democrats needs to stop the bs and work out Dreamer relief in the budget. After November will be too late. 'Let's wait until the next election' has never worked!! We are losing a shit ton of support in the House due to retirements or lateral moves to governorships.

nydreamer 07-12-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrt09 (Post 713417)
Democrats needs to stop the bs and work out Dreamer relief in the budget. After November will be too late. 'Let's wait until the next election' has never worked!! We are losing a shit ton of support in the House due to retirements or lateral moves to governorships.

No. Republicants need to stop the bs and work out a Dreamer relief in the budget.

JohannBernoulli1667 07-12-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 713410)

DACA just like the Muslim ban has never been illegal.

Trump's administration just wants us to leave in misery...

Sessions is a racist fuck.

Got_Daca 07-12-2018 11:43 AM

The anti-youth administration

Busybee 07-12-2018 11:47 AM

Sometimes I wonder if this shit show is ever gonna end? Just tell us yes or no but don't leave us in limbo forever!

Pianoswithoutfaith 07-12-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

the administration is now admitting that EVEN IF a court ruled DACA legal, they'd STILL WANT want to end it anyway. Because they claim they can.
but but 2Face, versialles, Smooth, and all these DAP Trump wanna bes said Trump CARES about DACA and the reason why 20k peoples DACA approve and 40k people renewed was because of Trump!!

kyungwc 07-12-2018 12:03 PM

The but but is getting old

jorgeag92 07-12-2018 12:06 PM

This is what the government has been telling us since 2016: "Dreamers go fuck yourselves. If you want to be legal go figure it out on your own, but we aint giving you shit"

RedBlueGreen 07-12-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 713426)
but but 2Face, versialles, Smooth, and all these DAP Trump wanna bes said Trump CARES about DACA and the reason why 20k peoples DACA approve and 40k people renewed was because of Trump!!

Okay they were wrong. Now what’s our next step?

hopeful_in_nyc 07-12-2018 12:59 PM

Would they take away renewed EAD’s? How would all of that be handled?

JohannBernoulli1667 07-12-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlueGreen (Post 713444)
Okay they were wrong. Now what’s our next step?

Back to the shadows...

BeansDreamtoo21 07-12-2018 01:37 PM

I jinxed it.

DogJuiceMan 07-12-2018 01:37 PM

Tfw you start out as the new generation of dreamers only to age out and slowly watch new kiddoes take the name of dreamer for themselves.

I don't think there is any end tbh, we're just gonna keep skirting by. I have faith that god and the law will prevail and DACA will be declared legal. Unless these new partisan judges want to play politricks with the law, it is without a doubt legal.

2MoreYears 07-12-2018 01:47 PM

This time is different because there's precedence. Current DACAers will forever be dreamers.

dreamer__13 07-12-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeful_in_nyc (Post 713452)
Would they take away renewed EAD’s? How would all of that be handled?

Yes and probably like the zero tolerance fiasco.

Lambo Mercy 07-12-2018 01:56 PM

If we all plan a mass suicide if DACA is cancelled then they'll have no choice but to pass it into law. Who's down?

dreamer__13 07-12-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 713454)
Back to the shadows...

Nah this is like coming out of the closet. They can’t put us back in once we’re out. The moment DACA ends without a solution in place, I’m pretty sure that there will be immense pressure to at least get a DACA like bill passed. Something like Bridge Act but renewable.

BeansDreamtoo21 07-12-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer__13 (Post 713467)
Nah this is like coming out of the closet. They can’t put us back in once we’re out. The moment DACA ends without a solution in place, I’m pretty sure that there will be immense pressure to at least get a DACA like bill passed. Something like Bridge Act but renewable.

No. Not you doge dont say that

VJB2 07-12-2018 02:11 PM

Give me a renewable anything. I don't give a fuck. They can shove the rest of their asses.

carnivore 07-12-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer__13 (Post 713467)

Agree. This is why I'm not worried. They can end daca buy they can't put us back into the shadows. It will all be okay.

Got_Daca 07-12-2018 03:21 PM

What about our parents, siblings, tps, legal dreamers?

Derp

MIdreamer 07-12-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnivore (Post 713474)
Agree. This is why I'm not worried. They can end daca buy they can't put us back into the shadows. It will all be okay.

Yea, they won't want to put us back into the shadow because ICE can't see us in the shadow. They want us to be in daylight so it's easier for them to catch us.

MIdreamer 07-12-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

but tonight in the face of bad court rulings the administration is now admitting that EVEN IF a court ruled DACA legal, they'd STILL WANT want to end it anyway. Because they claim they can. This is a huge shift and people should take note. It doesn't match up to prior claims..
The court can't save DACA, it's only delaying the death of the program. Trump WILL end it, just a matter of time. Trump and Sessions will put a dagger through it the moment he is allowed to.

dreamer__13 07-12-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 713491)
Yea, they won't want to put us back into the shadow because ICE can't see us in the shadow. They want us to be in daylight so it's easier for them to catch us.

Hahaha, well see that’s partially why I’m confident that something good will happen for us in the end. If we lose our status, this administration will likely jump and try to immediately put us in removal proceedings. The issue with that is that DACA has the support of the majority of the country. Neither side will be able to ignore the problem anymore.

jorgeag92 07-12-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 713492)
The court can't save DACA, it's only delaying the death of the program. Trump WILL end it, just a matter of time. Trump and Sessions will put a dagger through it the moment he is allowed to.

DACA's Fate:

http://i63.tinypic.com/n4t63s.jpg

SurfyB 07-12-2018 03:54 PM

Just when I'm about to get a promotion, so we don't even get to keep our 2 year permits?

2MoreYears 07-12-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 713492)

Right. But the courts can let the issue linger on as much as necessary to outlast this admin.

Correct me if wrong.

VJB2 07-12-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Daca (Post 713489)
What about our parents, siblings, tps, legal dreamers?

Derp

What about them? We're all getting kicked out. All ya'll were worried about everyone else and now no one is getting anything. Amazing.

jorgeag92 07-12-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJB2 (Post 713502)
What about them? We're all getting kicked out. All ya'll were worried about everyone else and now no one is getting anything. Amazing.

haha so true. Even if Congress offered amnesty for everyone inside the U.S people will be like "what about everyone outside?? I need to bring my abuelito, abuelita, y el perrito"

JohannBernoulli1667 07-12-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MoreYears (Post 713501)
Right. But the courts can let the issue linger on as much as necessary to outlast this admin.

Correct me if wrong.

7 more years is a lot for the courts to linger, also, Trump is filling the courts with conservatives at all levels....

2MoreYears 07-12-2018 04:07 PM

trump getting reelected is a toss up so in theory it could be 3 years and not 7.

libertarian1776 07-12-2018 04:08 PM

okay professor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MoreYears (Post 713506)
trump getting reelected is a toss up so in theory it could be 3 years and not 7.

IamAman 07-12-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 713410)

There are two ironies here. Expanded DACA got killed because it was argued that it was illegal and the president didn't have power to enact it. Just recently the SCOTUS said that the president does have a lot of power on immigration and now it's possible that DACA was not illegal either.

The legal system doesn't make sense to me sometimes.

RedBlueGreen 07-12-2018 04:12 PM

Where’s everyone getting that they’re going to take away our permits? Even the lawsuit brought by Texas says they don’t want to take our permits away, but they’d let them expire on their own.

JohannBernoulli1667 07-12-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MoreYears (Post 713506)

Trump Will get reelected...

They will not take away renewed permits...

They will phase them out.