DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Misdemeanor before sending renewal (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82226)

Atelier 06-21-2018 10:28 PM

Misdemeanor before sending renewal

I expire February of next year but with the current political climate I wanted to send in my renewal asap. Monday I was charged with "urination in certain places" which is a misdemeanor is Nevada. I was not charged with indecent exposure or anything that would constitute a gross misdemeanor in my county. The cop said he was giving me a ticket and let me go. The ticket says "Did willfully and unlawfully urinate at (insert address) in private property without consent from the owner." I know it was a mistake and I know I messed up but it truly was an emergency and I had to go or I was gonna do it on myself. Also the cop used unnecessary force on me and left my left ankle with bruises and I was cooperating i don't know how to go about that, I know it doesn't take away from my mistake but i felt it was unprofessional of him and like I said unnecessary I wasn't resisting arrest at all. I know police cars have dash cameras and in my jurisdiction they are required to have body cams too so I wouldn't want him doing that on anybody else and I don't appreciate it on my self.

Any way back on topic the renewal sheet says have I ever been "charged with" and I was charged with a misdemeanor so does anybody have any experience with getting an infraction while getting ready to renew? Under normal circumstances I would wait until I went to court and got all the paper work with the results but it doesn't seem we have time to waste. So I am thinking of including a copy of my ticket and saying I was charged with that but it's a pending case, what do you all think as an opinion? Thanks for your time guys and it's never been my intention to make us look bad it was a mistake and I know we all make them and believe me I learned my lesson about being even more strict with myself following the law.

Elmexicano 06-21-2018 10:30 PM

Re: Misdemeanor before sending renewal

you good renew.

cmartinez 06-21-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atelier (Post 711036)
I expire February of next year but with the current political climate I wanted to send in my renewal asap. Monday I was charged with "urination in certain places" which is a misdemeanor is Nevada. I was not charged with indecent exposure or anything that would constitute a gross misdemeanor in my county. The cop said he was giving me a ticket and let me go. The ticket says "Did willfully and unlawfully urinate at (insert address) in private property without consent from the owner." I know it was a mistake and I know I messed up but it truly was an emergency and I had to go or I was gonna do it on myself. Also the cop used unnecessary force on me and left my left ankle with bruises and I was cooperating i don't know how to go about that, I know it doesn't take away from my mistake but i felt it was unprofessional of him and like I said unnecessary I wasn't resisting arrest at all. I know police cars have dash cameras and in my jurisdiction they are required to have body cams too so I wouldn't want him doing that on anybody else and I don't appreciate it on my self.

Any way back on topic the renewal sheet says have I ever been "charged with" and I was charged with a misdemeanor so does anybody have any experience with getting an infraction while getting ready to renew? Under normal circumstances I would wait until I went to court and got all the paper work with the results but it doesn't seem we have time to waste. So I am thinking of including a copy of my ticket and saying I was charged with that but it's a pending case, what do you all think as an opinion? Thanks for your time guys and it's never been my intention to make us look bad it was a mistake and I know we all make them and believe me I learned my lesson about being even more strict with myself following the law.

Damn dude, that sucks. I think you should be good though. I'm no lawyer, but I think whoever processes your case at USCIS will pause, read your misdemeanor description, laugh it off, and move on with it an approve.

carnivore 06-22-2018 10:46 AM

I once pissed at a Chase parking lot and made a nice streak in the snow. I had to go badly. I know how you felt.

jorgeag92 06-22-2018 01:59 PM

lol you should probably carry a bottle inside your car from now on

MalditoDuende 06-22-2018 09:52 PM

I work outside all day and our employer gives us these
https://www.amazon.com/Go-Disposable...+for+men&psc=1

You can go right in your car and it will not look suspicious lol

I think you should be good to renew though its just a ticket

Atelier 06-23-2018 02:56 AM

I know it does sound funny lol thanks for the reply ��