DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Gun Arrest Leads To Immigration Roundup (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=4127)

lilbawler2001 05-16-2007 10:28 AM

Gun Arrest Leads To Immigration Roundup

May 16, 2007 02:13 AM EDT

COLUMBIA, Tenn.- A teenager brought a gun to school and his admission about his immigration status lead to the arrests of 24 undocumented immigrants Tuesday.

The arrests stem from an incident that happened in January.

A 14-year-old student brought a gun to Whithorne Middle School.

Authorities learned the student was in the country illegally along with many of his relatives.

On Tuesday, 24 undocumented immigrants - 22 adults and two juveniles- were taken into police custody.

It happened at the Country Side Village Mobile Home Park around 6.a.m.

The Maury County Sheriff's Office worked with federal Immigration Customs Enforcement agents when they made the arrests.

At the time, they were looking for the 14-year-old who took a gun to his school.

Authorities expected to the teenager and four or five other family members. While at his home, authorities found more information and ended up taking several nearby neighbors into custody.

Capt. Nathan Johns said the investigation revealed other households in the community where there were undocumented immigrants.

Some people who witnessed the arrests believe the authorities went too far.

"Some of the people they took didn't belong to that family," said Larri Morales. "They went to a couple different trailers. I know some of the people they took and they had nothing to do with the 14-year-old old. If they started out for the family that wasn't even right that they took everybody else."

The immigrants were taken to the Maury County jail before they're taken into federal custody.

this 14 year old kid is an idiot if i was a neighbor and i got arrested because of his stupidity i'll be so heated. i dont know how some people think sometimes, knowing you are undocumented wouldnt u do everything in your power to stay out of trouble?? some are just idiots. :roll:

HOPEFULDREAMER 05-16-2007 06:17 PM

What a tard.

Watch ALIPAC and NumbersUSA blow this crap up: "Oh my god, THEY'RE ALL CRIMINALS! They're gonna KILL OUR YOUNG'NS".

Grrrr....

VJB2 05-16-2007 06:31 PM

Don't care about him being deported, but find it sad that his parents & family will be for his stupidity.

BritishTX 05-16-2007 06:46 PM

yup its no question undocumented immigrants who get into trouble like this should be deported, its sad though that he got people around him deported as well. I mean damn! if your undocumented try to be utmost honest, hardworking etc etc person you can be, it not only diminishes the stereotype about illegals but trust me when that day comes to finally get your papers a criminal record will come back to haunt you!

VJB2 05-16-2007 07:54 PM

I have no pity for the undocumented who break the laws or doing something they know is illegal (besides being in the country illegaly) and expect to be handed permanent residency. What are people seriously thinking?

juang 05-17-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJB2
I have no pity for the undocumented who break the laws or doing something they know is illegal (besides being in the country illegaly) and expect to be handed permanent residency. What are people seriously thinking?

Is driving without a license included ask well?

frbc13 05-17-2007 12:32 AM

Quote:

Hey Well, is driving without a license included? :D

VJB2 05-17-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juang
Quote:

Originally Posted by VJB2

You mean as well? If so, yes. If I have to dedicate extra time waiting for the bus and planning my days doing so, I don't see why anyone should have it easy like that if they're undocumented as well. So if you're caught and deported for it, I'm not going to stand outside and protest your deportation.

The only deportations I'd protest would be the ones of people who were caught without them doing anything illegally besides being in the country (like those 23 caught because of that douchebag and his gun).

juang 05-17-2007 12:57 AM

but has anyone's protest to a deportation actually stop it?

VJB2 05-17-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juang
but has anyone's protest to a deportation actually stop it?

I'm sure it's been some help, but that's besides your original question which I've already answered.