DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy supports the Bridge Act. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=75797)

isk84life 02-02-2017 09:58 PM

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy supports the Bridge Act.

Federal lawmakers are considering legislation to protect children who were born in the United States, to undocumented parents. It's called the BRIDGE Act, Bar Removal of Individuals who Dream of Growing our Economy."

President Trump last week ordered criminals without proper documents to be deported and cut off federal money for cities that don't cooperate with immigration authorities.

The BRIDGE Act would prevent deportation of undocumented young people brought into the United States as children.

Congressman and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy he hasn't read the bill, but he supports the philosophy. "I would like to work out a situation there because the children were brought across, they were under the age of 18, it was not their issue. They did not come themselves. I think they have a right to do it. We should secure the boarder, but I think the children we should not hold them liable," said McCarthy.

Congressman David Valadao and state Senator Andy Vidak have both announced support for the bill. Their statements are below.

"It is clear our immigration system is in desperate need of reform however, executive orders are not legislation, and can easily be reversed, offering little assurance to those affected. This bill is the first step in addressing our failing immigration system the responsible way, through legislation, not unilateral executive action. The reality remains, reforming our broken system is complicated and will not be resolved overnight. The BRIDGE Act will provide protection to young people who only know the United States as their home until Congress can achieve a solution to address all aspects of immigration reform." - U.S. Congressman David G. Valadao

"In my opinion, it makes no sense to deport students and veterans brought to this country as children, through no fault of their own, who call the United States home. I wholeheartedly support protecting the young people who are eligible for the Department of Homeland Security's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program." - Senator Andy Vidak

He also said that he has not read the bill but support the substance. He also said that he is supposed to meet with Trump to talk about this. Add more one more vote guys.

http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/news...ople/649009779

2MoreYears 02-02-2017 10:01 PM

Re: House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy supports the Bridge Act.

He is republican. Good.

JohannBernoulli1667 02-02-2017 10:01 PM

Leader Kevin Fucking McCarthy!!!!

:)

Great news guys!

Ianus 02-02-2017 10:23 PM

A positive development indeed.

UndocumentedPapi 02-02-2017 10:26 PM

So the bridge act is essentially the exact same thing as DACA? lol

JohannBernoulli1667 02-02-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndocumentedPapi (Post 601654)
So the bridge act is essentially the exact same thing as DACA? lol

Only deferred action for 3 years until congress can secure the border.

This sounds bad...

But the reality is that if congress passes something, giving us 3 more years, it would must likely be unable take it away in the future.

Our lives would only be more deeply rooted, more of us would have kids, homes etc...

Eventually they would have to allow us to adjust somehow under the same criteria.

I would take this at the moment. Many of us did a heck of a lot in 3 years with DACA and 3 more years guaranteed would only allow us to do more.

Having legislation behind us would be great plus!!

soypana 02-02-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 601655)
Only deferred action for 3 years until congress can secure the border.

This sounds bad...

But the reality is that if congress passes something, giving us 3 more years, it would must likely be unable take it away in the future.

Our lives would only be more deeply rooted, more of us would have kids, homes etc...

Eventually they would have to allow us to adjust somehow under the same criteria.

I would take this at the moment. Many of us did a heck of a lot in 3 years with DACA and 3 more years guaranteed would only allow us to do more.

Having legislation behind us would be great plus!!

Well they could keep extending it like they do it with TPS?

isk84life 02-02-2017 10:36 PM

I'll take whatever at this point.

JohannBernoulli1667 02-02-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soypana (Post 601659)
Well they could keep extending it like they do it with TPS?

yep, by then more and more dreamers would be in a position to adjust via marriage etc

I wonder if this bridge act would be considered "legal status", and if so, could people join the military?

isk84life 02-02-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 601662)
yep, by then more and more dreamers would be in a position to adjust via marriage etc

I wonder if this bridge act would be considered "legal status", and if so, could people join the military?

Would probably pass with the Enlist Act along with money for Trump's wall..