DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   DACA Forms - UPDATED (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82408)

Task_1539 07-19-2018 03:37 AM

DACA Forms - UPDATED

Didn't see a post regarding this in the news section, perhaps I missed it. If so sorry for the repost.

//

Please be sure to use the new forms if you have yet to send.

Only use the forms you get directly from uscis' website.

This tip mostly applies to those who are yet to send a renewal (or initial request).

//

Please read carefully as some of the instructions may have changed

https://www.uscis.gov/i-821d (includes links to other relevant forms)

skysla 07-19-2018 03:58 AM

Re: DACA Forms - UPDATED

.... I sent mine a few days ago... It was delivered yesterday, and they updated the forms today....
So, they might reject mine...

Task_1539 07-19-2018 04:08 AM

I sent mine early July, the 3rd I think. I got notice that its being processed on the 13th. Just waiting on biometrics appointment.

Not sure when the change happened.

skysla 07-19-2018 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task_1539 (Post 714213)
I sent mine early July, the 3rd I think. I got notice that its being processed on the 13th. Just waiting on biometrics appointment.

Not sure when the change happened.

I think you are totally fine since they already accepted your app and started processing it. They would have sent a notice saying your app got rejected because you used outdated forms. What I am worried about is that even though mine got delivered, they didn't technically accept it yet. I am sure they get tons of apps like mine every day... So, they might reject mine if the person sorting my app wants to reject it...

carnivore 07-19-2018 08:06 AM

this is great for us. Means they are updating daca and maybe adding some more perks

Vze77ach 07-19-2018 08:43 AM

I read the instructions for the new I-765 form , it asked for copy of passport or travel document and on the I-765 form , it asks you to enter the passport or travel document number .

Is it safe to do so ? Old form did not ask for this . Getting worried !

Is USCIS trying to deny you and then use your passport info to deport you ?

JohannBernoulli1667 07-19-2018 09:01 AM

This is one of the perks

JohannBernoulli1667 07-19-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vze77ach (Post 714217)
I read the instructions for the new I-765 form , it asked for copy of passport or travel document and on the I-765 form , it asks you to enter the passport or travel document number .

What?

No dude, they just want to make sure you have all the documents so that you can promtly be deported back without any hick ups. Meaning so that don't have trouble entering your country of origin.
They are looking after your well being.

TexasDreamy 07-19-2018 09:03 AM

The I821D already asks for that info..

I765 is for all immigrants - those fields are probably missing from other applications or they’re trying to consolidate them in one place.

jorgeag92 07-19-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vze77ach (Post 714217)

The old forms already asked for this. I know because I remember entering my passport number in each renewal and I am still here.