DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Make a Lounge by Diciplines (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26117)

JohannBernoulli1667 01-21-2012 04:13 PM

Make a Lounge by Diciplines

Make a section where people with similar majors and skills can discuss their common interests and problems involving school related issues. For example, I have seen a lot of nursing students having a lot of question about becoming licensed. I have seen engineers posting if they can take their FE exams etc. It would also help us to hear success stories of people who are studying the same majors to keep us motivated. :D

MIdreamer 01-23-2012 02:36 AM

Re: Make a Lounge by Diciplines

Good idea! Make one for computer science please.

JohannBernoulli1667 01-23-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 243535)
Good idea! Make one for computer science please.

See, I have support someone else said this.

" I love this thread!! Yaay, go engineers! We need more threads where we talk about what we actually like to do and not focus on how bad things are. Keep this up! I still practice a lot of Math as part of my daily work, but nothing challenging. "

In response to a posts that me and others did. :D

Mantequilla 01-27-2012 07:51 PM

Make it happen.....................................................................or else.

Nick 01-31-2012 06:58 PM

Whats wrong with using the Other Topics section for this? A section per discipline would certainly be overkill. If you could create a single new section for this, what would you call it and what would be its description? Here's Other Topics for example:

Quote:

Topics that do not fall into any other section. Themes that are generally not pertinent to the DREAM Act and its beneficiaries.

JohannBernoulli1667 02-01-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 244834)
Whats wrong with using the Other Topics section for this? A section per discipline would certainly be overkill. If you could create a single new section for this, what would you call it and what would be its description? Here's Other Topics for example:

Nick, I also think that a section for each thing would be an overkill. One section would suffice. I would call it, Academics . People could discuss there only academic topics.

cacheton011 02-23-2012 11:19 PM

True. A lot of dreamers are going into careers from which they can't graduate because they might be required to travel, get licensed, or go through a background check for a certain class.

This will help them eliminate the possibility of choosing the wrong career. (limitations vary by state).