DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rubio: Repeal And Replace DACA (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=77085)

jaylove16 06-18-2017 11:57 PM

Rubio: Repeal And Replace DACA

Quote:

Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio wants to repeal and replace an Obama-era program designed to protect undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as young children, according to an interview with CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday.

You
Rubio called the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) unconstitutional but supported President Donald Trump’s short-term decision to continue the program.

“I’ve said publicly before, that I do think that DACA is gonna have to come to an end at some point, because I do believe it is unconstitutional,” Rubio told host Jake Tapper. “But I also believe that it should be replaced.”

My hope is that as part of this process we can work on a way to deal with this issue and solve it through legislation, which is the right way to do it and the constitutional way to do it,” Rubio concluded.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/18/ru...-replace-daca/

Got_Daca 06-19-2017 12:15 AM

Re: Rubio: Repeal And Replace DACA

Ok???

JohannBernoulli1667 06-19-2017 12:33 AM

Irrelevant,

I cannot believe this clown got re-elected after telling his electorate Fuck you and not showing up to work...

Biggest liar, this idiot is 10 times worst than Trump. Rubio is as bad as Ted Cruz.

jaylove16 06-19-2017 12:42 AM

How is this irrelevant? Whether you guys like it or not, he is still a United States senator who can fight against our progress. What he's saying is not wrong. We need some form of legislative solution.

libertarian1776 06-19-2017 02:24 AM

not really a fan of republicans repealing and replacing anything.. lol

we'll see who wins house and senate in the mid-term elections...

Scottish Bolt Cutters 06-19-2017 02:59 AM

"Repeal and Replace an Obama-era..."

Rubio, if you're reading this... please don't give it one of the GOP's Greatest Hits slogans. That is unless you're purposely going to make it as popular as TrumpCare. I'm all for a replacement, but Jesus Christ in Heaven, don't make a mockery of our situation.

4look4rd 06-19-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 615688)
Irrelevant,

I cannot believe this clown got re-elected after telling his electorate Fuck you and not showing up to work...

Biggest liar, this idiot is 10 times worst than Trump. Rubio is as bad as Ted Cruz.

Cubans don't care about immigration issues outside of the relation to Cuba. They have the wetfoot policy anyway.

jaylove16 06-19-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4look4rd (Post 615699)
Cubans don't care about immigration issues outside of the relation to Cuba. They have the wetfoot policy anyway.

Obama canceled the wet foot policy . So maybe now they will start feeling the pain of all other undocumented groups.

freshh. 06-19-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 615692)
not really a fan of republicans repealing and replacing anything.. lol

we'll see who wins house and senate in the mid-term elections...

I'm saying. Look at how well the repeal and replace of OCare is going. :roll:

I just don't trust them to replace it at the same time. They'll take our program and leave us with nothing.

Smooth 06-19-2017 10:50 AM

He needs to take on a leadership role on the issue rather than talking about it in the background while other legislators try to do something about it. Every time somebody introduces something . . . he is skeptical about the proposal. He is annoying. If he wants our respect, he needs to show leadership on the issue--not talk shit.