DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Have you renewed outside the 150 day time frame? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81080)

Hallowpoint1911 02-24-2018 02:56 PM

Have you renewed outside the 150 day time frame?

"CAUTION: If you file this request more than 150 days prior to the expiration of your current period of deferred action, USCIS may reject your submission and return it to you with instructions to resubmit your request closer to the expiration date. USCIS encourages renewal requestors to file as early in the 150-day period as possible - ideally, at least 120 days prior to the DACA expiration date."

Not sure if this has been posted on here but has anyone tried to renew their DACA before the 150 day expiration time frame?

2MoreYears 02-24-2018 03:03 PM

Re: Have you renewed outside the 150 day time frame?

Yes, I did like 180 days before expiration late last year. And this year, I've heard ppl sending in their apps 360+ days before expiration and they get accepted.

Good luck!

dado123 02-24-2018 03:38 PM

That s good to know on sending your app one year out from expiring and getting accepted.

116flow 02-24-2018 03:39 PM

Many people who are expiring this year and next year are sending their applications, basically its a risk. but knowing this administration, we dont know our fate. so securing 2 more years wont hurt.

dado123 02-24-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MoreYears (Post 693907)
Yes, I did like 180 days before expiration late last year. And this year, I've heard ppl sending in their apps 360+ days before expiration and they get accepted.

Good luck!

If you send a year out don't you loose that year when they approve your case? So you only get 2 more years out from when they approve?

2MoreYears 02-24-2018 04:15 PM

Yes, but it depends how you want to look at it. If you wait, DACA may not longer be around so you can not renew thus losing one year.

Demise 02-24-2018 04:43 PM

I filed 14 months before expiration, it was accepted and I did my biometrics Wednesday.

Consider this: You are risking nothing. Nothing at all. If USCIS decides you filed too early your application will be rejected, rejection means that they put everything back in an envelope (check, forms, any additional evidence) with a letter saying why it was rejected and mail it back to you. They do not take your money. So only thing you lose, is postage. This does not prevent you in just resubmitting the same package later (though checks expire after 180 days).

Copper 02-24-2018 04:55 PM

They received my packet this past Tuesday morning, I haven’t heard back from them yet and my check hasn’t been cashed. I expire Feb 22-2019. Hoping they’ll accept it.

Harris_O 02-24-2018 05:25 PM

That "caution" was proabably used to organize and avoid renewals overload. Now that very few DACAs are renewing, I guess they are not reinforcing it and caring more about the fee than our expiration dates. If they reject your application, they will send it back, including the check right away. If they cash it, and you are completely clean, it's 99.99% chance you will get it.
I renewed not for the DACA but to add an extra year to my EAD. IMO, adding any 6+ months to an EAD is totally worth it.

Hallowpoint1911 02-24-2018 10:27 PM

Would it even be worth sending this close to March deadline? Any thoughts?