DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Rejected notice (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=79164)

PauPau 11-06-2017 01:13 PM

Rejected notice

I had sent in my renewal packet on September 6th 2017, I received my packet again on October 5th saying the amount was wrong. The guy who helped me fill out my forms told me it was $465 =( I sent in the correct amount along with my paperwork and a bright green paper that said to fix the issue and place this paper on top of my renewal packet. I just received my packet again with a rejection notice that says they are not accepting requests for Daca blah blah so does that mean that they didnt take the green paper into consideration? All of the papers I sent in were stamped with the first date they received them which was on September 22nd. They were on time. Is there anything else I can do? Like fight this? Has anyone had this happen to them? PLEASE HELP I FEEL LIKE IM LOST AND A IN A DEEP HOLE! DO you guys think it was because I sent in two separate payments? I sent in the money order again with a personal check for $30 dollars.

trac3rt 11-06-2017 01:21 PM

Re: Rejected notice

check out:

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=79111

Atraxion 11-07-2017 08:55 AM

Hey i am in the exact same boat!!! Let me know if you find any help! I will do the same as well!

Pianoswithoutfaith 11-07-2017 11:54 PM

Did you guys make copies of it?

DogJuiceMan 11-08-2017 11:58 AM

First time im hearing about this green paper. Best of luck pal.

leogarcia1994 12-06-2017 08:54 PM

Fire arm Permit

I know states have their own regulation and rules for hand guns but in my state it says i have to be a US citizen or a Perm resident alien which I'm neither. Did i just commit and big bad thing? I just wanna do the right thing and follow the rules. Today i went to my county sherrif's office and summited a form for a Pistol purchase permit and the lady took my application showed both my state ID and Work authorization and made me sign and form and told me she will sent it in for a criminal background check which i know I'm 100% clean. and now my case shows as pending online for a permit did i just make it through? What do you fellas think? I'm assuming the worst that can happen is if they say no to me. I just want to follow the rules thats all. I do however have an unregister/stolen handgun but I'm scared as death to even show it or take it with me. It's the same situation as driving with or without license in My opinion.

unix_kid 12-07-2017 03:02 AM

Re: Fire arm Permit

Quote:

Originally Posted by leogarcia1994 (Post 657677)
I know states have their own regulation and rules for hand guns but in my state it says i have to be a US citizen or a Perm resident alien which I'm neither. Did i just commit and big bad thing? I just wanna do the right thing and follow the rules. Today i went to my county sherrif's office and summited a form for a Pistol purchase permit and the lady took my application showed both my state ID and Work authorization and made me sign and form and told me she will sent it in for a criminal background check which i know I'm 100% clean. and now my case shows as pending online for a permit did i just make it through? What do you fellas think? I'm assuming the worst that can happen is if they say no to me. I just want to follow the rules thats all. I do however have an unregister/stolen handgun but I'm scared as death to even show it or take it with me. It's the same situation as driving with or without license in My opinion.

With your legal handgun, you might get accepted. Might not. The case law isn't solid on this, as there's been several conflicting rulings. The more positive ones weren't handed down by the Supreme Court, sooo...

IF the form you signed had you attest that you are an LPR or a USC, then you just committed a serious felony. Hopefully that is not the case.

If you get accepted, have fun -- you have a lawful permit. Be responsible. Get proper training and store it correctly.

If you are rejected, due to immigration status, you can file a request for legal assistance with the local chapter of the ACLU. They'll fight it out for you.

As for your UNLAWFUL handgun, keep it out of sight, locked up, and never let it out of your safe. Sometimes police jurisdictions will have unlawful gun buy-back programs in which you can give your gun back with no legal repercussions, but I'd still contact a lawyer. They're generally called Gun Amnesty Programs.

**I am not a lawyer and this does not constitute legal advice.**

DogJuiceMan 12-07-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leogarcia1994 (Post 657677)

Wrong. You might have just committed the worst mistake of your life.

It is most certainly not the same as a Drivers License.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx

C.
Eligible Persons
1. Federal Law Requirements
As a general rule, the following categories of persons are ineligible to receive or
possess a firearm under federal law:
a.
Persons under indictment or information in any court for "a crime
punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one (1) year";
I
b.
Persons convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for
a term exceeding one (1) year. A person would not be ineligible under this
criteria if the person has been pardoned for the crime or conviction, the
crime or conviction has been expunged or set aside, or the person has had
his/her civil rights restored, and under the law where the conviction
occurred, the person is not prohibited from receiving or possessing any
firearm;
c.
The person is a fugitive from justice;
d.
The person is an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any
depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance;
e.
The person has been adjudicated mentally defective or has been
committed to a mental institution. To be prohibiting, a commitment to a
mental institution must be involuntary and it must result in the person
being committed to either in-patient or out-patient treatment;
f.
The person has been discharged from the U.S. armed forces under
dishonorable conditions;
g.
The person is illegally in the United States; or
h.
The person, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his
or her citizenship

https://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enacted...gs_14-404.html
A permit may not be issued to the following persons:
One who is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States.

What I want to know is how come you just gave them your DL and EAD and it somehow qualified as proof or residency, she it shouldn't have qualified.

The application for a permit shall be on a form created by the State Bureau of Investigation in consultation with the North Carolina Sheriffs' Association. This application shall be used by all sheriffs and must be provided by the sheriff both electronically and in paper form. Only the following shall be required to be submitted by an applicant for a permit:

(1) The permit application developed pursuant to this subsection.

(2) Five dollars for each permit requested pursuant to subsection (e) of this section.

(3) A government issued identification confirming the identity of the applicant.

(4) Proof of residency.

(5) A signed release, in a form to be prescribed by the Administrative Office of the Court, that authorizes and requires disclosure to the sheriff of any court orders concerning the mental health or capacity of the applicant to be used for the sole purpose of determining whether the applicant is disqualified to receive a permit pursuant to this section.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922
(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—
(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
(2) is a fugitive from justice;
(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
(5) who, being an alien—
(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States;

*not a lawyer, just good at googling*

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-07-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogJuiceMan (Post 657832)
Wrong. You might have just committed the worst mistake of your life.

It is most certainly not the same as a Drivers License.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx

C.
Eligible Persons
1. Federal Law Requirements
As a general rule, the following categories of persons are ineligible to receive or
possess a firearm under federal law:
a.
Persons under indictment or information in any court for "a crime
punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one (1) year";
I
b.
Persons convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for
a term exceeding one (1) year. A person would not be ineligible under this
criteria if the person has been pardoned for the crime or conviction, the
crime or conviction has been expunged or set aside, or the person has had
his/her civil rights restored, and under the law where the conviction
occurred, the person is not prohibited from receiving or possessing any
firearm;
c.
The person is a fugitive from justice;
d.
The person is an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any
depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance;
e.
The person has been adjudicated mentally defective or has been
committed to a mental institution. To be prohibiting, a commitment to a
mental institution must be involuntary and it must result in the person
being committed to either in-patient or out-patient treatment;
f.
The person has been discharged from the U.S. armed forces under
dishonorable conditions;
g.
The person is illegally in the United States; or
h.
The person, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his
or her citizenship

https://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enacted...gs_14-404.html
A permit may not be issued to the following persons:
One who is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States.

What I want to know is how come you just gave them your DL and EAD and it somehow qualified as proof or residency, she it shouldn't have qualified.

The application for a permit shall be on a form created by the State Bureau of Investigation in consultation with the North Carolina Sheriffs' Association. This application shall be used by all sheriffs and must be provided by the sheriff both electronically and in paper form. Only the following shall be required to be submitted by an applicant for a permit:

(1) The permit application developed pursuant to this subsection.

(2) Five dollars for each permit requested pursuant to subsection (e) of this section.

(3) A government issued identification confirming the identity of the applicant.

(4) Proof of residency.

(5) A signed release, in a form to be prescribed by the Administrative Office of the Court, that authorizes and requires disclosure to the sheriff of any court orders concerning the mental health or capacity of the applicant to be used for the sole purpose of determining whether the applicant is disqualified to receive a permit pursuant to this section.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922
(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—
(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
(2) is a fugitive from justice;
(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
(5) who, being an alien—
(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States;

*not a lawyer, just good at googling*

Read the above post unix kid made

leogarcia1994 12-08-2017 02:40 PM

My case for PPP is still Pending. Folks