DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Why Nebraska service center? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=67806)

ElDreamerDaniel 06-17-2014 01:58 AM

Why Nebraska service center?

I sent my renewal application to the Phoenix lockbox and was routed to Nebraska service center. I live in California and was first approved by the California service center. I find this confusing. Anybody from California had the same thing happened to them?

bmr096 06-17-2014 01:22 PM

Re: Why Nebraska service center?

i just got the an email and a text message that said the same thing. Maybe they are send renewals to nebraska from california so they can complete them faster

g33k 06-17-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmr096 (Post 532180)
i just got the an email and a text message that said the same thing. Maybe they are send renewals to nebraska from california so they can complete them faster

Faster? Nebraska is the slowest.

MitchAPalooza23 06-17-2014 02:24 PM

There was some theory out there that they will use the Nebraska center until it fills up and divert applications to other service centers. Maybe it's the biggest? Who knows.

arclite 06-17-2014 04:03 PM

Last time I was routed to Vermont, this time its Nebraska.

ElDreamerDaniel 06-17-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmr096 (Post 532180)

I really hope that's the case.

I seriously thought they made a mistake and sent it to the wrong place, thus delaying my application. I thought they were going to have to send it from Nebraska to California. Or, they were going to just keep it there, but because that is not the correct service center, they were going to put my application aside and work on others.

Yes, paranoia is kicking in.

But it seems like that they are doing that with other people as well, so probably one of the theories that is going around here is probably true.

dark23 06-18-2014 11:59 AM

same i am alitle be worry why they send us there :/ i just gpt the email lets see whats up guys please post if any updated i sure will

Dreamer786 06-18-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElDreamerDaniel (Post 532130)
I sent my renewal application to the Phoenix lockbox and was routed to Nebraska service center. I live in California and was first approved by the California service center. I find this confusing. Anybody from California had the same thing happened to them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by g33k (Post 532181)
Faster? Nebraska is the slowest.

Actually it's closer to being the fastest, than the slowest. Nebraska and California service centers seemed to be the fastest in processing time. Also, it was the first to start approving people. California started approving days later. Because the first flow of applications are routed to Nebraska, then the second to California, and so on with Vermont and Texas. Your service center doesn't necessarily depend on where you live. It's when they receive your application and which service center is accepting most applications at the time. Many people from same states got their applications transferred to different service center, Including California, Chicago, Georgia, New York, etc etc

g33k 06-18-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer786 (Post 532321)
Actually it's closer to being the fastest, than the slowest. Nebraska and California service centers seemed to be the fastest in processing time. Also, it was the first to start approving people. California started approving days later. Because the first flow of applications are routed to Nebraska, then the second to California, and so on with Vermont and Texas. Your service center doesn't necessarily depend on where you live. It's when they receive your application and which service center is accepting most applications at the time. Many people from same states got their applications transferred to different service center, Including California, Chicago, Georgia, New York, etc etc

Actually Nebraska only approve a few then slowed down to being the slowest. California took over afterwards.

Hope 06-19-2014 05:59 PM

Don't forget that during the initial phase of DACA rolling out, a LOT of people applied at the same time. This time around, people are only allowed to submit an application 4 months before their EAD expires so hopefully that will help speed things up