DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Official Form I-797C Notice of Action, Rejection and Resubmit Thread! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=30650)

CIR_DREAM2009 08-27-2012 05:33 PM

Official Form I-797C Notice of Action, Rejection and Resubmit Thread!

Did you get your application sent back* with the dreaded green paper? If so, ask any question you may have here. Ask away!

* Applications are sent back because of some error in the original application.

NotAPro 08-27-2012 05:38 PM

Re: Official Form I-797C Notice of Action, Rejection and Resubmit Thread!

I thought there was already an official Rejection thread

upperhand 08-27-2012 05:38 PM

What does the green paper say?

CIR_DREAM2009 08-27-2012 05:38 PM

So I didn't want to clutter the original post with my question so here goes: I got my application sent back because I forgot to sign my signature on Form I-765 :(. They sent it back completely reorganized with packets and everything.

Do I send it back to them the way I received it from USCIS or do I re-organize it like my original application (with table of contents and such)?

kabs 08-27-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CIR_DREAM2009 (Post 288551)
So I didn't want to clutter the original post with my question so here goes: I got my application sent back because I forgot to sign my signature on Form I-765 :(. They sent it back completely reorganized with packets and everything.

Do I send it back to them the way I received it from USCIS or do I re-organize it like my original application (with table of contents and such)?

uh, keep it the way THEY want it lol. Why would you want to reorganize it?

CIR_DREAM2009 08-27-2012 05:43 PM

@ upperhand, the green paper just says they've rejected the application and they refer to I-797, but they invite the recipient to resubmit. Plus, there's big bold and underlined letters saying the green paper should be on top of a resubmitted application. Looks really intimidating.

Erik1421 08-27-2012 05:46 PM

Did you get the 1 797 notice before the "rejection/resubmit" letter? Is there a way you can scan the document and show us how it looks? Of course, you should blur your private info.

CIR_DREAM2009 08-27-2012 05:48 PM

@ kabs, I'm confused if it's a new application or still my old application. If it's a new application, I would think I want to make it look like my old one, but I think you're right that we shouldn't undo the USCIS' work. I'm not 100% sure so I'm asking.

@NotAPro, I didn't see an official one stickied. I think though that this one is more specific because it deals with Form I-797c while the other one seems a lot more final.

kabs 08-27-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CIR_DREAM2009 (Post 288560)
@ kabs, I'm confused if it's a new application or still my old application. If it's a new application, I would think I want to make it look like my old one, but I think you're right that we shouldn't undo the USCIS' work. I'm not 100% sure so I'm asking.

@NotAPro, I didn't see an official one stickied. I think though that this one is more specific because it deals with Form I-797c while the other one seems a lot more final.

From what I've gathered from the others who had rejected apps, there are barcodes and things to show that the app has been scanned.

Does it have that? Also, does it have your information filled out just like before??

CIR_DREAM2009 08-27-2012 05:57 PM

@Erik1421, I don't feel comfortable posting any part of my application online. Really sorry about that.

However, I can describe it for you guys. The green paper is lime green and I explained earlier the gist of what it says. The biggest thing that pops out in major font is the message 'Place this letter on top of your application package.' It's a really nice sounding letter but not something you want to get.

The I-797C has your receipt number and your name. They state what you did wrong and then explain what you have to do next. Looks bureaucratic.