DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Mark Meadows: Freedom Caucus is working 'very closely' with White House to write DACA (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78464)

jaylove16 09-15-2017 01:01 PM

Mark Meadows: Freedom Caucus is working 'very closely' with White House to write DACA

Meadows said that the Freedom Caucus legislation would provide some sort of new plan to protect the "DREAMers," but it would also include provisions such as E-Verify and ways to limit the ways immigrants can get other family members to the U.S. through sponsorship.

Meadows said if Republicans can offer a better deal and have the votes to pass legislation, the White House would take a serious look.
“He likes dealmakers, I like dealmakers and so I’m going to give him enough options where there’s at least a consideration for him to take a deal where I can deliver the votes ... (for a deal) that best represents the Trump voter and the Trump agenda,” Meadows said. “At this point it’s incumbent upon me to give him good reasonable solutions on how we can get there.”

Heading up the Freedom Caucus' immigration team will be four members: Reps. Raul Labrador, R-Idaho, Steve Pearce, R-N.M., Scott Perry, R-Pa., and Warren Davidson, R-Ohio. Labrador is a former immigration attorney.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ion/667619001/

They better be prepared to pass it with just republican votes then smh.

nationalsfan 09-15-2017 01:05 PM

Re: Mark Meadows: Freedom Caucus is working 'very closely' with White House to write

not good that these dudes are getting involved.... everything is going to get thrown out of whack if they want to include e-verify and RAISE act provisions now to DACA.

JJ Glo 09-15-2017 01:10 PM

Re: Mark Meadows: Freedom Caucus is working 'very closely' with White House to write

Yeah, e-verify and killing chain migration ain't happening... I could see maybe e-verify but not changing the sponsorship.

FarikoXpress 09-15-2017 01:11 PM

Why can't they just vote for DA with border security, where is the sympathy?

jaylove16 09-15-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

The sole Republican member of New Mexico's congressional delegation is urging House Speaker Paul Ryan to work across party lines to find a permanent solution for those immigrants who were brought to the country as children and are living here illegally.

U.S. Rep. Steve Pearce sent a letter to Ryan on Wednesday. He accused Congress of staying idle for decades while the executive branch imposed temporary fixes and a patchwork of policies to address immigration issues.

Pearce, who is running for governor of New Mexico, says Congress has a responsibility to find a fair and just solution.
Quote:

In my opinion, a comprehensive solution includes: 1) securing the border, 2) ending sanctuary cities, states and campuses, 3) ending birthright citizenship when neither parent is a U.S. citizen, 4) providing a path to citizenship for people (like these “dreamers”) who are personally innocent of breaking U.S. immigration law, 5) punishing criminal illegal aliens, and 6) massively simplifying the legal immigration process. Immigrants should always be welcome in the USA, but immigration must be legal, secure, and integrate new citizens into America’s culture. I look forward to working with my colleagues in the House to help solve the problem comprehensively, and hope the Senate will prove helpful.

-Warren Davidson
We all know Labrador is the worst when it comes to immigration. I have no idea how a former immigration lawyer and a Hispanic can be so hardline and cruel .

I couldn't find much about the fourth congressman Scott Perry's views on legalization or DACA.

eva02 09-15-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarikoXpress (Post 639915)
Why can't they just vote for DA with border security, where is the sympathy?

Ryan doesn't want to lose his leadership. This is a NO deal... I hope they crash and burn.
Most Republixans don't want e-verify or RAISE act provision. The votes are not there.

jaylove16 09-15-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nationalsfan (Post 639913)
not good that these dudes are getting involved.... everything is going to get thrown out of whack if they want to include e-verify and RAISE act provisions now to DACA.

Ryan has his own group working on it . I guess we will see how all this goes us the months goes on .

Bottom line is we are not going back in the shadows. Something positive will have to happen, it's like Pandora's box .

eva02 09-15-2017 01:18 PM

It looks like all this might lead to Dems just attaching Dream Act to any must pass bill....
Ryan is giving the freedom caucus a seat at the table, knowing that their demands will not be accepted by Democrats.

isk84life 09-15-2017 01:18 PM

Lol, good luck getting that passed. The freedom caucus doesn't matter. They are less than 50 votes. Dream act and border security will be a centrist vote. It will exclude radicals on the right and left.

libertarian1776 09-15-2017 01:23 PM

cant believe speaker ryan is letting this caucus control his chamber.. he is going full hastert rule on immigration legislation. just sad!