DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Travel from US Mainland to Puerto Rico (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=67249)

maruuruguay 04-16-2014 12:49 PM

Travel from US Mainland to Puerto Rico

Hello!
Has anyone travel from mainland US to PR with just a US driver license?
How did it go?

I want to go to PR for a week but I am a little scared of going out from mainland. I have traveled before by plane with my driver's license with no problem.

Thank you!

g33k 04-16-2014 12:55 PM

Re: Travel from US Mainland to Puerto Rico

There is no problem if you go straight to PR. Make sure plane doesn't make second stop somewhere else.

maruuruguay 04-16-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g33k (Post 528533)
There is no problem if you go straight to PR. Make sure plane doesn't make second stop somewhere else.

Did you travel? can you share your experience? Thank you!!

memmyme 04-16-2014 03:28 PM

I have been wanting to do the same! I hope someone can answer this question :)

Morrow 04-17-2014 09:10 AM

You people do understand PR is US territory right?

maruuruguay 04-17-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrow (Post 528573)
You people do understand PR is US territory right?

Yes, we do. But its territory OUTSIDE of mainland (continental US), and if you see a map, you fly over serveral islands before getting to PR.

My question is: HAS ANYONE TRAVEL TO PR WITH JUST A LICENSE? DID ANYONE ENCOUNTERED ANY PROBLEMS SUCH AS EMERGENCY LANDING IN DR? HOW WAS THE EXPERIENCE?

Thats all. I want to hear someone's story.

lawstudent 04-17-2014 11:43 AM

I went earlier this year. I used my driver's license, with "temp immigrant" stamped in capital red letters. I wasn't asked a single question, neither on my way there nor on my way back.

Chicomonroe 04-22-2014 07:59 PM

I traveled to PR from California at the end of last year. I never encountered any problems traveling there. It's part of the US, so enjoy your time there. I guess you would run into problems if the plane made a stop somewhere in the Caribbean but... I think all flights from the US are direct to San Juan.

SoCaldreamer88 06-16-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawstudent (Post 528579)
I went earlier this year. I used my driver's license, with "temp immigrant" stamped in capital red letters. I wasn't asked a single question, neither on my way there nor on my way back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicomonroe (Post 528811)
I traveled to PR from California at the end of last year. I never encountered any problems traveling there. It's part of the US, so enjoy your time there. I guess you would run into problems if the plane made a stop somewhere in the Caribbean but... I think all flights from the US are direct to San Juan.

Glad to have found this. I am planning to travel to PR and the following year to the U.S. Virgin Islands... Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Malign0n 06-16-2014 06:14 PM

I came back last week from Puerto Rico. No contact with Customs.