DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   OPINION: Removal of DACA recipients has begun (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84090)

beingoflight 12-29-2019 11:41 PM

OPINION: Removal of DACA recipients has begun

https://thehill-com.cdn.ampproject.o...al-ball-to-see

DACA participants have already conceded deportability

DACA was granted only to aliens whose presence in the United States is unlawful - and unlawful presence is a ground for deportation under 8 USC §1227(a)(1)(B). The government, therefore, can establish deportability simply by establishing that an alien was a DACA participant.

DACA application information can be used as a basis for initiating removal proceedings

I used to work with a guy which was pretty close with some government officials and quite a lot of CEOs 2 years ago and when he knew about my DACA situation he only could tell me "keep a low profile its going to get ugly DO NOT get in any trouble" now i see why.

Pro tips when dealing with police force: be sympathetic and comply, DO NOT GET NERVOUS (not to be racist or anything like that but even if it sounds ridiculous, act as white as possible). Many are humans too and wont refer you to ICE, im on a state which does not tolerate sanctuary cities.

Just sent my renewal yesterday, arrives tomorrow morning to USCIS.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-8255

Ianus 12-30-2019 12:58 AM

Re: WARNING: BRACE YOURSELVES!! ALL DACA recipients GOT deportation orders now!!!

Title is sensationalist. Strongly recommend changing.

Everyone here already knows that unlawful presence is more than enough reason to initiate proceedings IF there is no relief. The Supreme Court has not issued a decision yet. The writing is not on the wall.

dreamer__13 12-30-2019 01:05 AM

Re: WARNING: BRACE YOURSELVES!! ALL DACA recipients GOT deportation orders now!!!

I second the title change suggestion. That’s going to unnecessarily scare some users on here.

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-30-2019 01:09 AM

Lol we can be deported because we have DACA...? Not because we are here illegally with accrued unlawful presence...?

dreamer__13 12-30-2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 743992)
Lol we can be deported because we have DACA...? Not because we are here illegally with accrued unlawful presence...?

They can look past us being here unlawfully, but they can’t look past us having had DACA lmao.

2MoreYears 12-30-2019 01:51 AM

Title is too extreme. We all know our situation is in limbo but that doesn't necessarily mean there are DACA roundups happening. In fact we aren't a priority.

Lay off the booze.

That article is an opinion piece that only recaps everything we already know, eg. SCOTUS is taking the DACA case. And unfortunately, that administratively closed proceedings were getting reopened.

DogJuiceMan 12-30-2019 01:57 AM

No we do not have deportation orders issued against us.

This is why critical reading is so damn important. It just says you CAN be deported, but we already knew that.
I do not see where the big shocker is here.

Keep your head down, dont touch Weed, dont drink and drive.

PapiChulo 12-30-2019 02:21 AM

i wish they just would.. just end the nightmare.

frbc13 12-30-2019 02:36 AM

Cool bruh

Rathination 12-30-2019 02:53 AM

Literally nothing has changed - the article provides no new information whatsoever. This is straight fearmongering - can one of the admins take this down so the users that aren't as informed don't panic?