DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   new (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=4236)

Cmickey28 06-07-2007 10:49 PM

new

Hi everyone! I am 23 years old. I live in texas and I am a college student. I am so glad that I found this site, because I was about to go crazy. It is so hard not being able to relate to anyone around me. Not being able to drive and and being ineligible for tuition funds really takes a toll on people. I got tired of friends and fellow students pushing me to get fin aid! If they only knew! I found this site when I was searching for info on the DREAM ACT. I just hope and pray that any day soon it passes. I was the girl who everyone thought would graduate high school and become something great. Here I am...five years after graduation and recently graduating from college with an associates degree ( I am proud that I graduated with honors :D ). I just cannot wait so I can go out there full force and get what I have been dreaming about! I really love this site and I am glad I found all these great people who motivate me and remind me I am not the only one. One day guys we will get our dream.

Neil 06-07-2007 10:52 PM

Hey thanks for sharing and welcome to the site :D

geezyoupark 06-07-2007 11:22 PM

hey! i'm totally in the same boat. I just found this site and am positively overwhelmed. i love the fact that people like myself have a place to be safe and talk. i rarely tell my friends about it because i dont want their pity, and i dont want questions. however, some do know and fully support me. unfortunately as im sure you know, theres only so much they can do or say. i'm 21 and just graduated from a top liberal arts college and am SO frustrated that im sitting here on my butt wasting my college degree (i graduated with honors too, despite the lack of punctuation in my rapidly typed message!). i was offered my dream job but had to turn it down for obvious reasons. it made me want to die. but yet, there is hope. something WILL happen. if its the last thing i ever witness.

gijoe911 06-07-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geezyoupark
hey! i'm totally in the same boat. I just found this site and am positively overwhelmed. i love the fact that people like myself have a place to be safe and talk. i rarely tell my friends about it because i dont want their pity, and i dont want questions. however, some do know and fully support me. unfortunately as im sure you know, theres only so much they can do or say. i'm 21 and just graduated from a top liberal arts college and am SO frustrated that im sitting here on my butt wasting my college degree (i graduated with honors too, despite the lack of punctuation in my rapidly typed message!). i was offered my dream job but had to turn it down for obvious reasons. it made me want to die. but yet, there is hope. something WILL happen. if its the last thing i ever witness.

man, i can only imagine what you are going through. I cannot imagine not being able to do anything after college

Sayuri Jane 06-07-2007 11:51 PM

welcome guys :D even if it wasn't this dream thing, just having a group of people rooting for the same thing feels so, so great, i feel like i am part of a the secret society, lol! :lol:

Nick 06-08-2007 02:34 AM

Welcome to DAP. I really hope you'll find the support you are looking for here.

HOPEFULDREAMER 06-08-2007 08:54 AM

Isn't TX the only state that gives both in-state tuition and state financial aid and stuff? You should really check into that.

Welcome! :)

tdapf 06-12-2007 08:57 PM

Welcome. I am from TX too. Congratulations on your degree. I too am a recent graduate (bachelors of science in chemical engineering) and can relate to your desire to be able to put your degree into use and follow your dream.

free2be 06-12-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOPEFULDREAMER
Isn't TX the only state that gives both in-state tuition and state financial aid and stuff? You should really check into that.

Welcome! :)

Yeah, I go to college in Texas too, and as long as you go to a public Texas university you are eligible for in-state tuition and possibly state financial aid. What college do u go to now?

Cmickey28 07-06-2007 05:45 PM

I will start UTA in the fall . They really send u running around to every department and no one knows what is going on!