DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Can I build credit with an iTIN? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=30286)

Laker24x 08-21-2012 10:14 PM

Can I build credit with an iTIN?

I just received my secured credit card in the mail and I'm wondering whether we could build credit by using and paying it back on time.

And also if we could possibly transfer our score to our future SSN

Thanks

MaskedLuchador 08-21-2012 10:19 PM

Re: Can I build credit with an iTIN?

Hell yea brah. You didn't know? You can transfer it over to an SSN too.

Laker24x 08-21-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaskedLuchador (Post 283677)
Hell yea brah. You didn't know? You can transfer it over to an SSN too.

Is there a way to check it brah?

MaskedLuchador 08-21-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laker24x (Post 283683)
Is there a way to check it brah?

To this point in time, I haven't been able to get it online but I was able to get a credit report from my bank. Well, they helped me order it by phone since I couldn't get it through any of the websites.

FaithDrivesMe 08-21-2012 11:30 PM

Hey Laker, you are able to build credit, i just found out last month. I only have a TAX Id. I had a state judgement for my school back in 2006, and I am an authorized user on my mom's account.

I applied for a chase credit card with my tax id and they denied because of "negative history" I was like "huh? ... I have no history". Their letter said that I can get a free credit report to I called experian and got my credit report. The automated system didn't work, but the representative hooked me up.

The report came in the mail and the judgment was listed as well as my mom's credit card.
( I already paid the judgment and got it removed thank God)

So yea you can have a credit history.

newyorker 08-21-2012 11:31 PM

My friend who works in the financial industry advised that people who dont have credit and want to open an amex, or mastercard or any other major credit card should first open one with department stores (like Macy's) first. Those are easier to get.

MaskedLuchador 08-21-2012 11:56 PM

Capital One credit cards are also easy to get. If you apply for the pre-approved cards.

Laker24x 08-22-2012 12:12 AM

Thanks for the info brahs Greatly appreciated

Laker24x 08-22-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaithDrivesMe (Post 283741)
Hey Laker, you are able to build credit, i just found out last month. I only have a TAX Id. I had a state judgement for my school back in 2006, and I am an authorized user on my mom's account.

I applied for a chase credit card with my tax id and they denied because of "negative history" I was like "huh? ... I have no history". Their letter said that I can get a free credit report to I called experian and got my credit report. The automated system didn't work, but the representative hooked me up.

The report came in the mail and the judgment was listed as well as my mom's credit card.
( I already paid the judgment and got it removed thank God)

So yea you can have a credit history.

Damn brah good thing you got it removed.

Were you able to obtain a new one?

stars 08-22-2012 12:44 AM

I have Capital One credit cards. I know you can get those. What other cards do you guys have?