DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   need ur advice (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=25090)

iknoso 10-21-2011 02:22 PM

need ur advice

Im in WA.
I have been dating my US citizen bf for a while now.
I am pregnant with his child and we want to be married.
I've called couple lawyers and explained that I was a EWI and they said I couldn't do anything to legalize my status.
But now that I have a baby coming on the way, are there any ways to legalize my status?????

CB124 10-21-2011 02:23 PM

Re: need ur advice

Not within the US. You sound like one of those people who will cherry pick responses and comments until you find the one that tells you what you want to hear. The only legal way is to return to your home country, and apply for a waiver.

iknoso 10-21-2011 02:26 PM

but once I leave US wouldnt' I be banned for 10 years??
Quote:

Originally Posted by CB124 (Post 237344)
Not within the US. You sound like one of those people who will cherry pick responses and comments until you find the one that tells you what you want to hear. The only legal way is to return to your home country, and apply for a waiver.

laneDearIhope? 10-21-2011 02:59 PM

Yes there is a way for you to do it, you should head over to immigrate2us.net that site way more helpful for the information that your looking for... good luck and congrats

Quote:

Originally Posted by iknoso (Post 237345)

laneDearIhope? 10-21-2011 03:00 PM

She has to apply for the waiver before she leaves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB124 (Post 237344)

txgirl 10-21-2011 03:58 PM

Yes as explain above you do have to go thru the waiver process that will at some point required you to go back to your native country while your attorney and husband work on a hardship waiver i would like to recommend you 2 really good attorneys that have extend experience in waivers if you would like the info message me . If not make sure you pick a good attorney dont go for the cheapest one .

CB124 10-21-2011 06:29 PM

Yes you will get the ban, thats where the waiver comes in. They are approving more than they are rejecting right now

Ianus 10-21-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iknoso (Post 237345)

You require a waiver in addition to any application paperwork that would suffice for your legal re-entry.They key with the I-601 waiver is that you must prove extreme hardship to your future spouse or child (if it is a USC) through evidence to the satisfaction of US consular officials that you must return.The interview can only by the consulate where you will reside in your home country......but the paperwork looks as though it can be processed in the US until they require you there from what some have said.

You should join over at immigrate2us.net for further assistance on this considering they seem to have way more dedication and information on this particular pathway than anyone would know here.

abroaduni 10-23-2011 05:18 AM

Hi,
I would like to suggest you that,you should take the advice from visa and immigration experts.They will solve your problem and they also suggest you much helpful steps related to immigration.

All the best.

work in canada

IamAman 10-24-2011 05:03 PM

Get a good lawyer. I would not have a kid until I was sure my status was clear, but what's done is done. One thing to consider here if you leave the country, what would happen if your boyfriend decides to come back without you or worst, keep the kid (sort of a reverse "Not Without my Daughter").

Good luck to you...