DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Trump Says He's Not 'Happy' With Budget Deal But Thinks Shutdown Unlikely (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83360)

cmeow 02-12-2019 04:05 PM

Trump Says He's Not 'Happy' With Budget Deal But Thinks Shutdown Unlikely

Source:
https://www.npr.org/2019/02/12/69387...tdown-unlikely

Quote:

"I have to study it," Trump told reporters during a Cabinet meeting at the White House. "I'm not happy about it. It's not doing the trick. ... Am I happy at first glance? I just got to see it. The answer is no, I'm not happy." He said that he would be "adding things to it."

He continued, "I don't think you're going to see a shutdown. ... If you did have it, it's the Democrats' fault."

Many conservatives have decried the bill.

Fox News host Sean Hannity called the potential deal "garbage."

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, of the conservative Freedom Caucus tweeted that it was a "bad deal."

"I'm considering everything," Trump said at the Cabinet meeting on Tuesday, not ruling in or out any option.

Trump noted that regardless of what happens with the budget deal, a Southern border wall will be built.

"It's all going to happen," Trump said. "We're going to build a big, beautiful, strong wall."

Smooth 02-12-2019 04:07 PM

Re: Trump Says He's Not 'Happy' With Budget Deal But Thinks Shutdown Unlikely

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmeow (Post 732874)

IDK what to think.

Do all of you remember that Dreamer who is a Trump supporter? Hilario Yanez? He is lobbying in D.C. I have direct contact with him. Message me if there is anything you would like me to pass along.

libertarian1776 02-12-2019 04:08 PM

bro, just tell Hilario they should do a DACA patch w/AP Travel til 2022.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 732876)
IDK what to think.

Do all of you remember that Dreamer who is a Trump supporter? Hilario Yanez? He is lobbying in D.C. I have direct contact with him. Message me if there is anything you would like me to pass along.

cmeow 02-12-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

IDK what to think.

Tell republicans to offer a legitimate DACA for wall deal. It has to be legit. Otherwise it's easier for dems to find an excuse to deny.

If dems refuse a legit DACA offer, then you can definitely say dems are using dreamers for votes.

If dems accept, campaign promise kept. Dems can't use daca for getting more votes. Economically speaking (not appealing to someone's morality), it makes no sense to deport 700k people that are americanized, young, intelligent, no criminal records people then import 700k people from foreign countries to fill the jobs dreamers already have since the economy is doing good.

It's such a win-win for republicans I don't understand why they're not doing it.

tays123 02-12-2019 04:25 PM

I said this long time ago...

Give us (including the aged out dreamers) 5 year EAD's for 10K (payable in installments) , where we will get GC's after those 5 years. (That would be around 1.5 million people... and around 15 billion dollars in total)

The money we pay is put in to a trust and is allocated for different immigration enforcement purposes, whether it is a wall, more agents, more high tech equipment and etc... And how that money would be spent is determined by a commission that consists of 3 democrats 3 republicans and 3 independents.
They could even put something in writing that says that certain percentage of that money must be spent on wall, fencing, steal slats... whether new ones or fixing old ones... determined by the commission.

Everybody would have gotten a win. Democrats would have gotten to legalize us after 18 years and Trump would have gotten the wall, which is paid by Mexicans since 80% or so of the Dreamers are originally from Mexico.

Of course, nobody wants to come up with a real solution...

Quote:

IDK what to think.

Red neck 02-12-2019 04:34 PM

Trump will sign it. He is not going to shutdown the government again.

JJ Glo 02-12-2019 04:38 PM

He shut down the government for 30+ days and he got a worse deal than he was offered before the shutdown. The GOP can't take another shutdown, which is why they reached this agreement. Trump has no option but to sign it.

Demise 02-12-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 732888)
He shut down the government for 30+ days and he got a worse deal than he was offered before the shutdown. The GOP can't take another shutdown, which is why they reached this agreement. Trump has no option but to sign it.

Art of the deal, ladies and gentlemen.

Smooth 02-12-2019 04:59 PM

Will forward this thread link to him.

Red neck 02-12-2019 05:27 PM

Trump is claiming victory. his new slogan is FINISH THE WALL