DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What is going on with some DACA recipients? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=67817)

cee89 06-18-2014 01:23 AM

What is going on with some DACA recipients?

Ok so I know this is basically just a rant but I felt it was appropriate to do it in a forum where there are so many of us DACA people. Ok so basically my best friend's cousin received DACA 1 year ago and she kept arguing about how so many people keep wanting to come to this country that already has a lot of immigration problems and that they should not let anyone enter anymore so I had to shut her mouth. Correct me if im wrong but this girl is PLAIN stupid. Im not saying that people coming here illegally is a good thing but we all did it, our parents did it, SHE FCKN DID IT TOO, but we were lucky enough to get this chance but come on lets be compassionate to people that have a dream just like us. Next time I encounter a DACA recipient acting like a freaking citizen I will just slap the shit out of them. Rant is over lol

Malign0n 06-18-2014 01:46 AM

Re: What is going on with some DACA recipients?

It's not just a thing that you see only with us but anyone who goes through the immigration system. People tend to forget that they all started at the same place and as soon as they were able to get to a point they begin to criticize the others. Those who got green cards after spending years as undocumented then criticize us and spew hate as though they aren't of the same.

I can sympathize with what you're feeling and I believe is a good thing to recognize. Because when you get your green card you won't be doing the same thing to whatever person that finds themselves here. We have to recognize that these are children that are crossing the southern border and they're only looking for a better life, something that their parents sent them knowing that it is for the better. This is a problem has to be dealt with and I believe it is a something that will help us it'll likely change the hearts of people because it better paints our picture. We are all here to better ourselves and our country and we are human. Maybe that's what immigration reform needs

Laterlater 06-18-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cee89 (Post 532268)
Ok so I know this is basically just a rant.....

Simply said: your sense of priorities (and sensibilities), often imperceptibly, change with your circumstances.

Take for example a certain openly gay Tory (member of a British conservative party). As it turns out, he also happened to be rich, as well as a business man, thus it only made sense why he would pursue his own class and economic interest, once the Tories finally embraced homosexuality - regardless of their record of horrific disdain within even the immediate preceding years.

In a way, speaking generally, that is how it all ends up - doesn't it? Once you have won some basic equality or gained certain advances, it is rational that she should prioritize other interest; but to be insensible to the shared struggle and experience of others less fortunate then ourselves evinces a certain lack of empathy and can be regarded, frankly, as beneath contempt and almost self-discrediting.

The problem with equality is, that we only want it with our superiors.

cee89 06-19-2014 04:16 PM

I agree with both statements I just know that as long as I live I will stand for justice and it is only fair for us to be compassionate to people going through the same difficulties we once went through. I cant just accept this kind of behavior as inevitable and or normal. Like I said before, i will make sure to remind people like that where they came from.

xangal 06-19-2014 04:33 PM

It always has happened, once people get relief either by Citizenship or Green Card they forget about the others. Some even become Border Patrol to add some more irony into the mix.