DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   US Appeals Court Upholds Texas' Ban on 'Sanctuary Cities' (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81320)

Got_Daca 03-13-2018 08:11 PM

US Appeals Court Upholds Texas' Ban on 'Sanctuary Cities'

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national...476726563.html

Traffic stop deportations. Here they come.

Pianoswithoutfaith 03-13-2018 08:59 PM

Re: US Appeals Court Upholds Texas' Ban on 'Sanctuary Cities'

Shit is about to grt real

versailles 03-13-2018 08:59 PM

please don't fear monger, there's a difference between jailing people and actually deporting them.
both are awful yes, but the former happens a lot more often.

IamAman 03-13-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by versailles (Post 697371)
please don't fear monger, there's a difference between jailing people and actually deporting them.
both are awful yes, but the former happens a lot more often.

Where was the fear mongering? Do you just like to argue for no reason? SB4 actually encourages asking for immigration status during traffic stops.

NotADreamerPerSe 03-13-2018 09:04 PM

Texas. Not even once.

Too bad I live so close to it. Hope this doesn't spread...

IamAman 03-13-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotADreamerPerSe (Post 697373)
Texas. Not even once.

Too bad I live so close to it. Hope this doesn't spread...

The state has so many Latinos and they still get away with this kind of shit. That's the saddest part.

versailles 03-13-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 697372)
Where was the fear mongering? Do you just like to argue for no reason? SB4 actually encourages asking for immigration status during traffic stops.

in the op, if you could read.
he literally said "deportations here they come"
and that's not arguing, your post though, is, basically just getting worked up for no reason.

IamAman 03-13-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by versailles (Post 697375)
in the op, if you could read.
he literally said "deportations here they come"
and that's not arguing, your post though, is, basically just getting worked up for no reason.

Let me guess, this won't affect you in any way so therefore, nobody else should get worked up about it. Again, where was the fear mongering? This is the truth. This law will lead to more detentions and more deportations. It puts a lot of pressure on local law enforcement to question immigration status. The bigger cities may still resist but all it takes is to be out in the county outside of a city limit and to get pulled over and it's lights out.

It's irresponsible of you to say this isn't a big deal and immigrants shouldn't be scared when they should.

Seriously man, what's your deal?

And I don't even need to read the opt ed because I've already read 3 news stories on the subject and this is something I've followed for a year now.

versailles 03-13-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 697376)
Let me guess, this won't affect you in any way so therefore, nobody else should get worked up about it. Again, where was the fear mongering? This is the truth. This law will lead to more detentions and more deportations. It puts a lot of pressure on local law enforcement to question immigration status. The bigger cities may still resist but all it takes is to be out in the county outside of a city limit and to get pulled over and it's lights out.

It's irresponsible of you to say this isn't a big deal and immigrants shouldn't be scared when they should.

Seriously man, what's your deal?

And I don't even need to read the opt ed because I've already read 3 news stories on the subject and this is something I've followed for a year now.

there's a difference between getting upset about the issue, and fear mongering.
it's alright to be upset, like you are, i don't recall saying you shouldn't be, i merely asked to stop unnecessary fear mongering.
i also don't recall ever saying it's not a big deal, so either stop being dishonest and putting words in my mouth or don't reply to me.

IamAman 03-13-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by versailles (Post 697377)
there's a difference between getting upset about the issue, and fear mongering.
it's alright to be upset, like you are, i don't recall saying you shouldn't be, i merely asked to stop unnecessary fear mongering.
i also don't recall ever saying it's not a big deal, so either stop being dishonest and putting words in my mouth or don't reply to me.

Again, where is the fear mongering? "here come the deportations" is not fear mongering when it's a possibility as a direct result of this war.