DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Any rn dreamers?!?! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=38763)

10dream 02-11-2013 05:30 PM

Any rn dreamers?!?!

I was scheduled to take the NCLEX today in Texas and got turned away because apparently a limited term Texas driver license and a Employment Authorization Card are not valid forms of ID !!! Has anyone faced a similar situaiton?...i am so angry

choukette 02-11-2013 06:03 PM

Re: Any rn dreamers?!?!

Wow sorry to hear about that, such a heartbreak. Anyways you should go back there and talk to a supervisor. Don't let them crush your hard work so easily. an ID is an ID even if there's a limited term on it. Go back there tomorrow and don't leave before they reschedule you for another test asap.

Dark Apotheosis 02-11-2013 06:13 PM

That does suck.

Looking at the NCLEX page, it says that:
Quote:

Driver's/learner's permits or temporary identification are not accepted.
So my guess is they interpret the limited-term license as being "temporary."

They also say:
Quote:

The only acceptable forms of identification in test centers in the U.S.* are:

U.S. driver's license (Department of Motor Vehicle-issued)(if expired, a renewal slip including a photograph and a signature must be presented in order to be admitted)
U.S. state identification (Department of Motor Vehicle-issued)
Passport
U.S. Military Identification
It doesn't specify U.S. passport... so did you try using your passport?

10dream 02-12-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Apotheosis (Post 426993)
That does suck.

Looking at the NCLEX page, it says that:

So my guess is they interpret the limited-term license as being "temporary."

They also say:

It doesn't specify U.S. passport... so did you try using your passport?

Unfortunately I don't have a passport and am unable to get one, only forms of ID I possess are DL and work permit. Im trying to sort it out with the nursing board hopefully I can resolve this.

avon123 07-11-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10dream (Post 426923)
I was scheduled to take the NCLEX today in Texas and got turned away because apparently a limited term Texas driver license and a Employment Authorization Card are not valid forms of ID !!! Has anyone faced a similar situaiton?...i am so angry

10dream I am facing the exact problem as you. I am I texas. Was turned away. Called the board and Pearson vue. No one can help me. I can't also get a passport. Did you have any luck?

Atelier 07-11-2013 04:24 PM

Try to get a hold off your native country's consulate in the US for a passport. Maybe contact an agency in your birth country directly. I know some people have obtained the RN license with DACA. Worst case scenario, try another state? I know it's a big deal moving out-of-state but it may be worth it if Texas is not trying to help you out. Obviously as a last resort, I am sure someone here will give better advice from personal experience as RN. Good luck.

avon123 07-11-2013 07:11 PM

I was just thinking the same thing about moving out of state, to Maryland maybe. Well thx . Will continue to see what I can do

10dream 07-11-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avon123 (Post 496965)
I was just thinking the same thing about moving out of state, to Maryland maybe. Well thx . Will continue to see what I can do

I was finally able to take the nclex. I had to get in touch with the Mexican consulate and get my Mexican passport. They will let you take it with your countries passport. What state are you in?

10dream 07-11-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10dream (Post 496981)
I was finally able to take the nclex. I had to get in touch with the Mexican consulate and get my Mexican passport. They will let you take it with your countries passport. What state are you in?

Sorry had not read the whole thread. I had to get in touch with a lawyer in Mexico. I wasn't able to get a passport because I had a different last name in Mexico. The Mexican lawyer changed my name over there, once she did that I was able to get my passport at the consulate here. It took a long time about 3 months but I was finally able to test about 3 weeks ago. . . If there is anything I can help you with message me, I will be more than happy to help. Dreamers got to stick together!

avon123 07-11-2013 09:03 PM

Many thx . I know I will have to get a passport. It will take me a long time too. Happy to hear you solved this problem.