DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mobilizing for the DREAM Act (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=9907)

S.Aran 03-08-2009 03:47 PM

Mobilizing for the DREAM Act

We need to mobilize our efforts much much better. For the past year we have been working on a mailing list so we can get the word out to people about ongoing actions, however we still do not have a list of people per region etc. and so let's create one.

The regions are divided up as follows:

North East (ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, PA, NJ): MariaG, Daffodils, Swim19, Verve, anitagreencard, jimqu718, deezuniverse, rxgrlpi, Beefyboy, Angelina

South East (AR, MS, LA, AL, TN, KY, WV, MD, DE, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL): ECW, Dman, Dreamergirl717, Minus, bgsm892, S.Aran, Highwaymen, Novela, Julz013

North West (WA, OR, NV, CA, AK, HI): MAGraduate, DayDREAMer, MBLUparadise, A.spero, UndergroundMatias, Ark, originalgabe, Lu, dado123, Ed, gsb89, vivace, pursuitofhappiness, cajeta21, Iamashadow, Jad, Geronimo, Gateway, haatsu, anseek4j, Nevfo, mk2407, esoj17, J@d

South West (MT, ID, WY, UT, CO, AZ, NM, OK, TX): Free2be, WestTXchick, deftbeta, questionsihave, ilvtennis, cindy555, ping, ehfornue, Glorious, Ocamposdream20, Gemendoza, Abyssion, iwantchange

Mid-West (ND, SD, NE, KS, MO, IA, MN, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH): Quaker, MaskedLuchador, Hrvatica13, dreamerhippie, icewood, Dr22, soguilty_needhelp, Dreamer 21

What will each region be responsible for? We don't have specifics but it will be everything from meeting local representatives, teachers, organizations etc. to sending letters / faxes / e-mails.

The point is we need a directory of everyone available and what region specifically they are available in.

Please respond with the following info:

Region, Zip code (city, state or region of a state), and contact info (email or msn or YIM or AIM or....?).

i.e.
S.Aran
South-East
[email protected]

If you are uncomfortable with posting any of this information on the forum then email me directly at the above email address.

lilbawler2001 03-08-2009 10:27 PM

Re: Mobilizing for the DREAM Act

[email protected]

North east

nevfo 03-09-2009 02:44 AM

I'll message you my information.

justjohnjustice18 03-11-2009 02:43 AM

[email protected]

yahoo: justjohnjustice18

aim: johnofjohn2s

Mid West here, Illinois :-)

Would be glad to finally put myself to workj for the DREAM Act.

Juan J.

Does Oprah Care? 03-18-2009 11:48 AM

Good Idea to mobilize, but key question is where are the celebrities to speak on this issue- George clooney might be busy for Darfur and Brad Pitt for Katrina- Who are some celebrities that can shape the message of not aborting the future of children and advocate for voting for the dream act? Each region should also have a potential celebrity champion candidate.

ehfornue 03-18-2009 08:53 PM

I need a celebrity, I can't make sense of this!

BTW. . . I sent my info, when will this list be updated?

mk2407 03-23-2009 10:18 PM

North West

[email protected]

Ethoswithme 03-26-2009 07:41 PM

can someone post up the numbers of the senators we need to call. What I mean is this, I live in California and since the senators in california are already voting yes, we need to focus on the ones that are going to vote no. So please post those numbers up so i can call them.

highwaymen 03-27-2009 12:42 PM

Angel Munoz.

MD

[email protected]

I would luv to help.. i live 20 min from D.C :D

Dr22 03-27-2009 05:36 PM

[email protected]

Midwest- Chicago, Il :cool: