DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Starting AOS through Advance Parole (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=61905)

Quemiras 08-07-2013 01:41 AM

Starting AOS through Advance Parole

Married to a U.S. citizen, EWI from Mexico. I spoke with a lawyer today and she seemed very confident that I will succeed in AOS through A.P. I have submitted an application for advance parole and will go that route. I will be updating periodically so that those in the same situation can see somewhat how the process goes, roadblocks, timeframes, etc. If anyone knows of anybody e;se that has adjusted status this way, let me know.

g33k 08-07-2013 01:48 AM

Re: Starting AOS through Advance Parole

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quemiras (Post 506241)
Married to a U.S. citizen, EWI from Mexico. I spoke with a lawyer today and she seemed very confident that I will succeed in AOS through A.P. I have submitted an application for advance parole and will go that route. I will be updating periodically so that those in the same situation can see somewhat how the process goes, roadblocks, timeframes, etc. If anyone knows of anybody e;se that has adjusted status this way, let me know.

Thanks for helping out the community with your case.

Malign0n 08-07-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quemiras (Post 506241)

I agree. Good luck with your case and keep us posted! Thanks :)

zone2oo0 08-07-2013 02:08 AM

Naw girl, just exit the country without AP and request asylum. its the trend now a days.

txgirl 08-07-2013 02:21 AM

You will be fine. We have done the same process for people with TPS who have left on a AP. It isnt much different with DACA.

Pancho1 08-07-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txgirl (Post 506247)
You will be fine. We have done the same process for people with TPS who have left on a AP. It isnt much different with DACA.

@txgirl

If u have daca and did ewi get AP is there a chance they wont let u back in(clean record here)? Plz ask ur lawyer. Thanks!!!

txgirl 08-07-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancho1 (Post 506303)
@txgirl

If u have daca and did ewi get AP is there a chance they wont let u back in(clean record here)? Plz ask ur lawyer. Thanks!!!

That is the whole point of applying for Advance Parole, Immigration is granting you the exit and re-entry to the United States. I have yet to see anyone with an AP not allowed back in (Been doing this for almost 6 years), TPS people do it all the time and it should be the same for DACA.

The only way you will not be allowed back in is if you do not comply with your advance parole order.