DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ways to prove Continously Residing in US (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=62821)

DreamerSince1985 08-21-2013 03:35 PM

Ways to prove Continously Residing in US

What are some ways to prove that I have been residing in the United States. I'm having trouble getting documents that are acceptable in order to complete my Deffered Action Application. I'm 28 yrs. Old. I have a High School Diploma, I cant get any bills under my name to proof that I have been living in the US. Any ideas you guys????? Please help!!

Atelier 08-21-2013 03:46 PM

Re: Ways to prove Continously Residing in US

From USCIS faq page...

Rent receipts or utility bills. Employment records (pay stubs, W-2 Forms, etc.) School records (letters, report cards, etc.) Military records (Form DD-214 or NGB Form 22) Official records from a religious entity confirming participation in a religious ceremony. Copies of money order receipts for money sent in or out of the country. Passport entries Birth certificates of children born in the U.S. Dated bank transactions. Social Security card. Automobile license receipts or registration . Deeds, mortgages, rental agreement contracts. Tax receipts, insurance policies.

Download the instructions for your forms in PDF for additional options by USCIS from their website.

Aside from that ANYTHING with your name, date and address. Literally: Pizza receipts, PayPal transactions, Amazon or EBay receipts. Facebook check-in.

I got my census record from 2010. And notarized letters from citizens for the gaps. Even if you have little evidence apply! I was approved with about 1 or two papers per year. Maybe I was lucky but it was worth it. Try not to have gaps bigger than four months if possible.

Ja5219 08-21-2013 03:59 PM

I'll put a list of the stuff I was able to find that I did... I know you said you can't have bills in your name.. but almost ANYTHING with your name and a date is good for evidence.

- Any Hospital records, even a simple procedure, Dentist work, Eye appointments, physicals, prescriptions under your name.
- Any Bank accounts? Statements/Debit Transactions
- Online Purchases? Even if the card you used wasn't in your name.. maybe your shipping info was? (Ebay, Amazon, Newegg, Paypal) etc...
- Facebook profiles? I've heard of people submitting these.. their timelines etc..
- Immunization Record? Did you ever get the Flu Shot in a year? Or other shots at your local Health department?
- College? Any college record whether you only took 1 class or such.. anything with your name/date works.
- Lastly.. any mail, (Doesnt have to be bills) Such as Magazine subscriptions, College letters, Credit Card applications that you've received under your name?

That's about as much as I could think about, there must be something.. even if small.. that puts you in a place at some time with your name on it.

Good luck!

Qui-Gon Jinn 08-22-2013 05:40 AM

Affidavits, Facebook check ins, post. Xbox live account (download history)