DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Official I-601A Thread (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78973)

MIdreamer 11-29-2017 07:22 PM

Re: Official I-601A Thread

Since you have legal entry from AP, you will have a much easier time to adjust your status. You should visit thread linked below.

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=73968

Demise 11-30-2017 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdfrankie (Post 655334)
I also filled for the i130 my wife is a usc and I use AP to travel, what should be my next step since I only filled the i130 for the lack of sponsors since my wife doesn’t work ? Thanks

Wait for I-130 to be approved and then for AOS. Your income can be used for affidavit of support, as long you filed taxes jointly. If it's not enough then another cosigner will be needed.

Yeah it leads to this weird scenario where your spouse is vouching with your income that you won't go on welfare but what can you do with stupid law from 1950s?

liz92 01-18-2018 11:47 AM

I’m in need of some advice guys. My DACA expires August 2019. Should I wait another while and see if Congress will do anything or should I attempt to adjust status as soon as possible? I’m not sure how strong my application would be since we’ve only been married for 10 months and don’t have any children at this point or anything like that to prove hardship, unless they care that I’m in the process of finishing my degree.

MIdreamer 01-18-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

My DACA expires August 2019. Should I wait another while and see if Congress will do anything or should I attempt to adjust status as soon as possible?
I would wait until Jan 20 too see how the whole thing plays out in Congress. My advice would be put in your application ASAP because you don't submit I-601A right away. You have to submit an I-130 and this alone will take more than 6 months to approve.

Quote:

I’m not sure how strong my application would be since we’ve only been married for 10 months and don’t have any children at this point or anything like that to prove hardship,
Again, submit your I-130 first so you can work on your I-601A while you wait. I have seen many case got approved without kids. You can use any arguments to prove hardship.

Quote:

unless they care that I’m in the process of finishing my degree.
Remember, they don't care anything about you. This is all about hardship on your spouse. However, you can easily tie your school to her hardship. If you get deported, you can't finish school oversea and this will impact your future earning that your spouse need. If your spouse is supporting your school expense, you can spin it other way. If you go to school oversea, it will cost more since credit don't transfer and have to retake classes which will put more financial hardship on him/her. These are just some examples, you have to be creative.

liz92 01-18-2018 01:30 PM

Thanks MIdreamer. Did you self file I-130 or what are your views on doing so. The form seems pretty straightforward and I’ve been filing DACA renewals myself. If it comes down to needing to file the waiver I’ll definitely seek out a lawyers help.

trac3rt 01-18-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz92 (Post 673601)
Thanks MIdreamer. Did you self file I-130 or what are your views on doing so. The form seems pretty straightforward and I’ve been filing DACA renewals myself. If it comes down to needing to file the waiver I’ll definitely seek out a lawyers help.

My wife and I hired a lawyer for this process, but i believe you could fill out the i-130 on your own.

MIdreamer 01-18-2018 03:13 PM

I went with a lawyer who has a lot of experience with I-601A. I don't want to make any mistake that could delay my AOS.

Do you have a straight forward case? No previous failed immigration case?Deportation order?

Lost Generation 01-18-2018 05:13 PM

I handled most of my father's 601a paperwork. pm me if you have any questions. It was through me(citi-sponsor) and grandmother(GC) together.

legodego 01-18-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Generation (Post 673869)
I handled most of my father's 601a paperwork. pm me if you have any questions. It was through me(citi-sponsor) and grandmother(GC) together.

why’d u have to submit a 601-A for your dad? is he EWI?

liz92 01-19-2018 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 673699)
I went with a lawyer who has a lot of experience with I-601A. I don't want to make any mistake that could delay my AOS.

Do you have a straight forward case? No previous failed immigration case?Deportation order?

Yeah I’d say it’s pretty straightforward other than two entries. I came here at 3 and went back for a couple of months around the age of 8 or so.