DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Official 2016 Renewal Thread (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=73157)

hayire 03-04-2016 10:39 AM

Re: Official 2016 Renewal Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laterlater (Post 565296)
Its renewable as long as the program continues and you qualify.

There was never any mention of a two renewal limit.

Thank you Laterlater, you answered my questions. I had been told there was only a two renewal limit.

NotYetKnown 03-04-2016 04:52 PM

There has been no mention of a renewal limit. I received a letter from USCIS reminding me that my DACA expires soon and that my renewal request must be submitted between the 150-120 expatriation window; I doubt that was an oversight.

I'll be sending my packet and check for renewal on 03/21, my 150th day before expiration. My DACA and EAD are set to expire on 08/17. This will be my second renewal. My initial approval was granted in 2012, first renewal in 2014 and second renewal request is in 2016.

It's difficult to only plan my life two years in advance. I'd like to settle down, start a family and purchase a home. But not knowing where I'll be two years from now just doesn't make it feasible to marry and attempt to secure a home loan. Do any of you feel similar to me, or have you guys ventured out and gotten married or even secured a home loan?

zeomax 03-05-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotYetKnown (Post 565331)
There has been no mention of a renewal limit. I received a letter from USCIS reminding me that my DACA expires soon and that my renewal request must be submitted between the 150-120 expatriation window; I doubt that was an oversight.

I'll be sending my packet and check for renewal on 03/21, my 150th day before expiration. My DACA and EAD are set to expire on 08/17. This will be my second renewal. My initial approval was granted in 2012, first renewal in 2014 and second renewal request is in 2016.

It's difficult to only plan my life two years in advance. I'd like to settle down, start a family and purchase a home. But not knowing where I'll be two years from now just doesn't make it feasible to marry and attempt to secure a home loan. Do any of you feel similar to me, or have you guys ventured out and gotten married or even secured a home loan?

It is ironic you mention this. I was living my life without a worry until I received the letter to renew my EAD. Then it hit me that my life is only secured every 2 years. But hey, it is way better than being in the shadows.

NotYetKnown 03-05-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeomax (Post 565376)
But hey, it is way better than being in the shadows.

Two years of light.

TexanJose 03-05-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeomax (Post 565376)
It is ironic you mention this. I was living my life without a worry until I received the letter to renew my EAD. Then it hit me that my life is only secured every 2 years. But hey, it is way better than being in the shadows.

I recently found a better paying job (I don't know about most of you, but it has been exasperating submitting apps, having years of experience in your field, a degree having graduated cum laude, and yet, and have not luck getting hired...) and I start next week, and it's been stressing to think that if my permit isn't renewed by mid-April, I won't have that job anymore...Not only can you not plan anything, but anything you plan has an 'expiration date' attached to it.

I'm usually someone who's very positive, but I am tired of the 'DACA is better than nothing', because, in the end, it's just fuel to our hopes, that might never come true unless we marry or something, which is something I do not want to do.

On the 'darker' side, if we get a Republican president, we are done.

Resistant 03-09-2016 11:33 AM

Since my 150th day is on a Sunday (3/20/16), can I mail my renewal forms on Friday or Saturday so they can arrive on Monday (3/21/16)? Or do I just mail them on Monday? Does it even matter? Thanks.

Demise 03-09-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resistant (Post 565519)
Since my 150th day is on a Sunday (3/20/16), can I mail my renewal forms on Friday or Saturday so they can arrive on Monday (3/21/16)? Or do I just mail them on Monday? Does it even matter? Thanks.

Immigration considers forms to be filed once they reach their lockbox or office. So either day is fine.

NotYetKnown 03-09-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resistant (Post 565519)

Mail out your renewal packet with next day delivery, so they end up there first thing Monday morning.

Resistant 03-09-2016 12:32 PM

Thanks guys. One more question. Are you guys using Fedex or USPS?

teacup 03-09-2016 02:23 PM

Have you guys seen the expiration date on I-821 D?
Seems it's the same as the previous one I used.
Hope they update that.