DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Daca essay question (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82895)

dabioalex 11-12-2018 06:47 PM

Daca essay question

one of my essay questions is what is being done on fixing the DACA problem and why isn't it working. would mean a lot to me if you guys could help me explore ideas on this.

trac3rt 11-12-2018 08:27 PM

Re: Daca essay question

we need more info. What is this for? who is the intended audience?

leo86 11-12-2018 10:36 PM

What is being done / was done to fix DACA: protests, vigils, making the general public aware of our plight. Dreamers contacted legislators, lobbyists, etc to pass legislation. Dreamers made deals with angels and devils. Basically, Dreamers have done EVERYTHING possible to save themselves and their loved ones. Despite all of that effort, we've come up short.

Why it isn't working:

Because both Republicans and Democrats have repeatedly proven that they aren't really all that serious about fixing the immigration problem nor any serious matter afflicting America.
They're in the business of winning elections and we're being used by both sides to score political gains.

conscientiatesla87 11-15-2018 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabioalex (Post 721286)
one of my essay questions is what is being done on fixing the DACA problem and why isn't it working. would mean a lot to me if you guys could help me explore ideas on this.

Why the issue of immigration / dreamers hasn’t been fixed?

Before you call me crazy
I marched with 10,000 strong for immigration reform in 2010 in Vegas.
I presented my story at the university of boulder Colorado
I presented my story with Colorado senators
I presented a little about immigration reform with chamber of commerce in Colorado.

No matter how hard dreamers try to change and lobby for a pathway toward citizenship they will always come short. Everyone needs to understand the following:

1. You have corporate right wingers backed by a bunch of equally corrupt Christians and major corporations Whose only purpose is stop change by any means necessary, not a conspiracy just look at the facts. Now we a full blown Nazi in the presidency putting kids in concentration camps and republicans are okay with this, and some dreamers still praise Trump. Some dreamers even think Trump is on their side.

2. You also have corporate / centrist Democrats like Obama, Hillary, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, and so on which only want incremental change. Democrats had a good chance to shut down the government in 2018 and use leverage and fight for us ...but no they are weak centrist corporate Democrats. Hell, Obama had the senate and the house but nothing got done. Under the leadership of Nancy and Chuck many Democrats seats have been lost across the political board. Don’t get me wrong a centrist Democrat is 1000 times better than a republican just don’t expect too much.

3. Republicans Nazis use us immigrants as scapegoats for all corporate wrong doings. Outsourcing of manufacturing jobs and the reason given is that immigrants take away US citizens their jobs. Any sign of economic instability and immigrants are blamed but not the big banks that destabilize the economic system. Their favorite is blaming immigrants for increases in crime rates when in fact the opposite is true immigrants commit less crimes when compared to US citizens. Also another favorite is immigrants taking advantage of food stamps and other programs when in fact we paid billions in taxes and contribute to the funding of social security. Just this 2018 midterm Trump did a great job scaremongering his ignorant base “fear immigrants ...“fear the caravan”. Any immigrant or dreamer calling himself/ herself republican is only fighting against his / her own best interests. The Republican Party has constantly tried to destroy the dreamers.

4 . Democrats use us for the vote to gain power again “look how evil they are please vote for us” then nothing changes... maybe a little. How long has the Dream Act been in talks?

5. The media is to be blamed here too. We all know Fox News as the perpetual fact less propaganda machine of the Republican Party that only idiots watch. But then you have again centrist/ corporate CNN and MSNBC and so on ...news outlets which present both sides. There is never a right or wrong answer both sides are equal even if the republicans are full of bs. Again these news corporations are about minimal change and more about keeping the status quo. Don’t believe me... check out how they present dreamers/ immigration , minimum wage, and or healthcare for all. The right facts and right questions are never asked. You need news that present the facts not the both sides bs.

6. The country is currently under the fake populist Donald Trump. This right populism needs to be counteracted with a fierce real left populism, the country leans left on every major issue. We need Democrats who are willing to fight, we need progressive democrats. The majority of Americans would like to see legalization of dreamers yet Democrats move to the middle some even move to the right and become light republicans yet the country is to the left on this issue. Why are they not fighting harder?

7. Take money out of politics

8. People that care about immigrants need to show up to vote. 2020 is coming up.

My two cents