DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   75 days no biometrics (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=73779)

4look4rd 06-27-2016 08:20 AM

75 days no biometrics

I am not sure what to do at this point.

I received a confirmation email and letter, my check was cashed, but nothing else happened with my application.

I submitted a request and got the instructions to create an account but no activation code. Submitted a support ticket and got the code. Then I submitted two other requests but no action.

I have no criminal record, my application is as clean cut as it gets. I call uscis pretty much every week but they said there is nothing they can do about it.

EAD expires in September. I graduated from college not very long ago and got a dream job, I am seriously considering leaving the US if I lose this job and trying my luck else. The stress has been ridiculous, and the lack of information is killing me.

I am thinking about getting a lawyer involved or submitting a freedom of information request.

At this point is there anything I can do?

4look4rd 06-27-2016 10:14 AM

Re: 75 days no biometrics

Update-- I can't even check my case status on the myuscis account website. The tracker works but not the website you actually have to log in.

markten 06-27-2016 03:48 PM

So you received a letter from USCIS telling you to make an online account w/o the activation code written on it? That's bizarre...

Can you email them and let them know the activation code does not work anymore? I know some people here have gotten codes that had already expired and they were able to get new codes from them by sending an email request. I would suggest getting a new code to see if you can still access your account.

4look4rd 06-27-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markten (Post 570501)
So you received a letter from USCIS telling you to make an online account w/o the activation code written on it? That's bizarre...

Can you email them and let them know the activation code does not work anymore? I know some people here have gotten codes that had already expired and they were able to get new codes from them by sending an email request. I would suggest getting a new code to see if you can still access your account.

I never received a letter for the account. I did a request for biometrics and they sent the info through email without the activation code, then I put in a second request stating issues with my account and the lack of biometrics, which they replied with the activation code.

I put in a third request for biometrics last month and I'm waiting for a reply.

Chyno 06-27-2016 09:31 PM

Worst case, walk-in to a USCIS office and ask what is going on?

AsianDreamer 06-28-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chyno (Post 570512)
Worst case, walk-in to a USCIS office and ask what is going on?

You're just kidding, right?

AsianDreamer 06-28-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4look4rd (Post 570483)

I submitted a request and got the instructions to create an account but no activation code. Submitted a support ticket and got the code. Then I submitted two other requests but no action.

Did you create an account? Were you able to see your cases once you login?

markten 06-28-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4look4rd (Post 570506)
I never received a letter for the account. I did a request for biometrics and they sent the info through email without the activation code, then I put in a second request stating issues with my account and the lack of biometrics, which they replied with the activation code.

I put in a third request for biometrics last month and I'm waiting for a reply.

Some people still got bio letters even if they didn't receive letters about making online account.. so I think you'll be fine in that aspect.

I don't know why they are sending bio letters late though. Maybe your area is crowded? Hmm... when I went to my appointment last week there was barely anybody there... about 5 people.. rest were staffs. I had to sit in chair and wait until my number was called last time (2 years ago), but it was so empty this year that I didn't even need the numbers...lol It took 5 minutes to get everything done. Literally 5 minutes.
Where r u located? I'm in Atlanta, GA.

Laterlater 06-29-2016 12:04 PM

"Where r u located? I'm in Atlanta, GA."

Ah. You went to the same service center. It has its busy days. Went to the same almost two months ago.

To the point. In terms of process time this turn around, it does seem to be considerably halting and slow. My first application and initial renewal did process a lot quicker overall.

JohannBernoulli1667 06-30-2016 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4look4rd (Post 570483)
I am not sure what to do at this point.

I received a confirmation email and letter, my check was cashed, but nothing else happened with my application.

I have no criminal record, my application is as clean cut as it gets. I call uscis pretty much every week but they said there is nothing they can do about it.

EAD expires in September. I graduated from college not very long ago and got a dream job, I am seriously considering leaving the US if I lose this job and trying my luck else. The stress has been ridiculous, and the lack of information is killing me.

I am thinking about getting a lawyer involved or submitting a freedom of information request.

At this point is there anything I can do?

Did you ever receive your Biometrics? What is going on with you case?

I am on the same boat it seems. Only I am only at 30 days since they sent me receipt notices with no code either. How did you get the code. :(