DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cornell! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=21439)

manny 05-12-2011 02:13 AM

Cornell!

I recently got admitted into Cornell University. Before, they offered full rides to undocumented Mexican immigrants. Now, things have changed. I know that there's a person in this thread that currently goes to Cornell...can you please help me? Does anyone know their financial aid now...:cry:

manny 05-13-2011 02:09 AM

Re: Cornell!

anyone?

victor85 05-13-2011 02:31 AM

Why don't you talk to the financial aid office?

MDxOD 05-14-2011 04:01 AM

Congrats on your acceptance! I hope you are able to attend such a top school unlike some of us who could not afford to. Beyond talking to the financial aid office, i believe many of the IVY leagues participate in offering free tuition or heavy tuition reductions to students whose families make under 60,000 a year. Check into that.

Abyssion 05-17-2011 12:00 AM

I did not apply to Cornell because they did not respond to my emails or phone calls about aid. I know Cornell is the cheapest IVY so I wouldn't be surprised if they cannot afford you, but you should call just to make sure. Be quick because its a LOT of money and it will soon be reapportioned to the waitlisted people.

manny 05-17-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abyssion (Post 217295)
I did not apply to Cornell because they did not respond to my emails or phone calls about aid. I know Cornell is the cheapest IVY so I wouldn't be surprised if they cannot afford you, but you should call just to make sure. Be quick because its a LOT of money and it will soon be reapportioned to the waitlisted people.

Where did you apply to? Did you get accepted/any aid offered to these schools?

Abyssion 05-17-2011 11:58 PM

I got full rides into 6 schools: Yale, Penn, Columbia, Dartmouth, Stanford, Pomona. I got waitlisted at 2 schools: Amherst, Trinity College. I got rejected by 5 schools: Swarthmore, LeHigh, Harvard, Brown, Vassar.
Hope things work out of you.

manny 05-18-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abyssion (Post 217419)
I got full rides into 6 schools: Yale, Penn, Columbia, Dartmouth, Stanford, Pomona. I got waitlisted at 2 schools: Amherst, Trinity College. I got rejected by 5 schools: Swarthmore, LeHigh, Harvard, Brown, Vassar.
Hope things work out of you.

Wow, I'm really jealous! An undocumented student at an ivy league you should be very proud! Which one did you end up chosing? I'm assuming your a high school applicant?

Juan92 05-18-2011 02:51 PM

Share some of your IQ =]

Abyssion 05-18-2011 11:15 PM

I chose Penn because I really liked the school/environment/people when i visited. The others felt strange.
Yeah, I'm graduating soon to see what comes next.
Thank you, I will do good for us all.