DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How many people will be qualified for House Compromise Bill ? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82214)

Vze77ach 06-20-2018 02:18 PM

How many people will be qualified for House Compromise Bill ?

Hi! Everyone

I read all the texts in this GOP House Compromise bill, then I found out that even this bill passed, I will not be eligible to apply due to the removal order. I was brought to US by my mom in 2000. We failed to attend the immigration hearing because we never received the notice in the mail.

I mean it's a long list of eligibility requirements in this bill. It's not moderate at all.

How many people will be excluded due to removal order ?

This bill makes no fucking sense ! anyone with or without removal order can apply for DACA as long as you meet other criteria. But this bill is totally different.

What is the chance that this Bill will pass?

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-20-2018 02:55 PM

Re: How many people will be qualified for House Compromise Bill ?

No one really knows but its gonna leave a lot of people out

base on things like

- Did not register for SS
- Did not notified DHS of address change
- Worked illegally ( used a fake ssn, ect ect)
- Accusations are treated as convictions

IamAman 06-20-2018 04:14 PM

It's a double whammy for me so I'm out.

jorgeag92 06-20-2018 04:48 PM

I qualify easy. How do people even get removal orders? is it when you walk across the border? Serious question

a.martin3z 06-20-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgeag92 (Post 710628)
I qualify easy. How do people even get removal orders? is it when you walk across the border? Serious question

I believe one would get a removal order when you lose immigration court proceedings.

gely_velazquez 06-20-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

My aunt (undocumented) traveled from Utah to Texas about 10yrs ago via bus. We told her not to, but didn’t listen. She was briefly detained at a check point but was released because she had 2 young children with her and the entire family was issued a voluntary deportation order. She stayed in the US. So now my cousin who was 7 at the time has a removal order that would disqualify her from adjusting status given the current bill.

libertarian1776 06-20-2018 05:19 PM

how can one find out that they have a removal order?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gely_velazquez (Post 710640)
My aunt (undocumented) traveled from Utah to Texas about 10yrs ago via bus. We told her not to, but didn’t listen. She was briefly detained at a check point but was released because she had 2 young children with her and the entire family was issued a voluntary deportation order. She stayed in the US. So now my cousin who was 7 at the time has a removal order that would disqualify her from adjusting status given the current bill.

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-20-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 710642)
how can one find out that they have a removal order?

You don't find out. Sometimes letters are never sent or get lost in the mail. You move and change addresses so that letter will never reach to you. 20 years later you try to adjust only to find out you have a removal order.

Thats the reality that many dreamers are facing. They were too little to remember and found out the hardway.

libertarian1776 06-20-2018 05:36 PM

can you FOIA it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 710645)
You don't find out. Sometimes letters are never sent or get lost in the mail. You move and change addresses so that letter will never reach to you. 20 years later you try to adjust only to find out you have a removal order.

Thats the reality that many dreamers are facing. They were too little to remember and found out the hardware.

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-20-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 710650)
can you FOIA it?

Yes, you can find by submitting an FOIA. I strongly suggest you do. Especially if you are an visa over stayer

hDreamer1988 06-20-2018 06:31 PM

No one should panic, chances are already slim that this bill makes it out of the house. Even if it does, it will be dead in the senate.

Got_Daca 06-20-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hDreamer1988 (Post 710655)
No one should panic, chances are already slim that this bill makes it out of the house. Even if it does, it will be dead in the senate.

24 Dems senators up for reelection

Some of them will cave and pass this compromise

Lets do this!

hDreamer1988 06-20-2018 07:17 PM

It does not have the house votes.. Conservatives are holding out for more add on to the bill. They want a part that stop dreamers from sponsoring their parents. They want less colored ppl here

soypana 06-20-2018 07:49 PM

Do every visa over stayer get removal order? I'm a visa over stayer and I never got one? I never even moved from my address.

4n0nym0us 06-20-2018 08:16 PM

I don't qualify due to removal order as well.
Whatever happens I already accepted it.

SEPT 06 06-20-2018 09:28 PM

I don't qualify, can someone know what does this means in BOLD and RED letters???? It says you have to comply with it but, if you comply with it your won't be here. so, I don't get that part?

(B)
A LIENS ORDERED REMOVED
.—If an alien who meets the eligibility requirements set

forth in subsection (b)
is present in the United

States and has been ordered excluded, deported,

or removed, or ordered to depart voluntarily

from the United States pursuant to section

212(a)(6)(A)(i) or 237(a)(1)(B) or (C) of the

Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C.

1182(a)(6)(A)(i), 1227(a)(1)(B) or (C)), the

176Secretary shall provide the alien with the oppor-
tunity to file an application for contingent non-
immigrant status provided that the alien has
not failed to comply with any order issued pur-
suant to section 239 or 240B
of the Immigra-
tion and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1229,
1229c)

georgeb1214 06-20-2018 10:09 PM

I think i qualify. I had a removal proceeding. I went to every Court hearing now my removal proceeding has been terminated 8 years ago.

Vze77ach 06-20-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEPT 06 (Post 710701)
I don't qualify, can someone know what does this means in BOLD and RED letters???? It says you have to comply with it but, if you comply with it your won't be here. so, I don't get that part?

(B)
A LIENS ORDERED REMOVED

forth in subsection (b)
is present in the United

of the Immigra-
1229c)

I don't get it as well. This makes no fucking sense. Fucking Republicans !
If you complied with removal order, you wouldn't even be in US now. If you are not present in US, then you won't be qualified as well. It's so confusing!

These hardliner requirements will exclude 85% of DACA population !

sldkfj 06-20-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEPT 06 (Post 710701)

(B)
A LIENS ORDERED REMOVED

forth in subsection (b)
is present in the United

of the Immigra-
1229c)

Not sure but this might be for people that got these orders recently. When you get a deportation or voluntary departure order, you get a period of time before the order becomes final so you can appeal if you want or get your affairs in order. Usually 120 days.

jaws 06-20-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgeb1214 (Post 710715)
I think i qualify. I had a removal proceeding. I went to every Court hearing now my removal proceeding has been terminated 8 years ago.

Weren't you the one who gloated about qualifying with flying colors? And why/ how were they terminated? If they were terminated then how were you allowed to continue living here illegally?

georgeb1214 06-20-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaws (Post 710723)
Weren't you the one who gloated about qualifying with flying colors? And why/ how were they terminated? If they were terminated then how were you allowed to continue living here illegally?

Well My mom and I was in removal proceedings. My mom got married to a us citizen but they denied her petition because uscis think the marriage wasn’t in a good faith so we were put to removal proceedings but we hired an attorney and the judge administratively closed my removal proceedings.

nerdfrankie 06-20-2018 11:47 PM

Sucks I never enroll in selective services, since I always thought only citizens or legal ppl can enroll, plus when daca came out I was already over the age when I tried to enroll

BeansDreamtoo21 06-21-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdfrankie (Post 710730)
Sucks I never enroll in selective services, since I always thought only citizens or legal ppl can enroll, plus when daca came out I was already over the age when I tried to enroll

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=80528

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-21-2018 12:17 AM

Under Trump administration, no removal orders are terminate. They can and HAVE been revived.

Carpenter86 06-21-2018 07:35 AM

I failed to register for Selective Service unknowingly.
I already contacted them, got the letter stating I failed to register unknowingly
I have some affidavits written by my neighborhood’s councilman and a local priest
If that’s not enough, Trump can screw himself!

IamAman 06-21-2018 09:57 AM

I'd just like to point out how many on here are willing to throw other dreamers under the bus if it suits them.

First came the aged out dreamers but hey, who cares about us...we should have found a way to get legal by now. It's sour grapes to complain, etc.

Then after the court battle, it became just those who already got DACA but hey you can't help everybody so "this is a good bill" and should be passed and screw the younger dreamers.

Now they're thinning out the herd even more by not allowing those in removal proceedings which is likely a very significant amount of Dreamers and some of you are still fully ok with this as long as you get yours.

The irony of the removal proceedings is that it's punishing dreamers whose parents actually at some point had tried to do the "right thing" and it didn't work out - be it a failed asylum case, marriage that fell through, work visa that didn't work out, caught at the border, etc. By disqualifying those who have a removal order, they are actually rewarding those who jumped the fence (literally and figuratively) and telling those who already tried the system to go fuck themselves.

I swear, a lot of people on here are just as bad if not worse than Trump supporters. At least some of them are just ignorant of how life is for us but the people on here know how bad things are and still don't care about their fellow dreamers.

Got_Daca 06-21-2018 10:20 AM

Enough Whataboutism

We should be happy that some of us getting legalized

Instead of pulling back on them

jaws 06-21-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 710763)
I'd just like to point out how many on here are willing to throw other dreamers under the bus if it suits them.

First came the aged out dreamers but hey, who cares about us...we should have found a way to get legal by now. It's sour grapes to complain, etc.

Then after the court battle, it became just those who already got DACA but hey you can't help everybody so "this is a good bill" and should be passed and screw the younger dreamers.

Now they're thinning out the herd even more by not allowing those in removal proceedings which is likely a very significant amount of Dreamers and some of you are still fully ok with this as long as you get yours.

The irony of the removal proceedings is that it's punishing dreamers whose parents actually at some point had tried to do the "right thing" and it didn't work out - be it a failed asylum case, marriage that fell through, work visa that didn't work out, caught at the border, etc. By disqualifying those who have a removal order, they are actually rewarding those who jumped the fence (literally and figuratively) and telling those who already tried the system to go fuck themselves.

I swear, a lot of people on here are just as bad if not worse than Trump supporters. At least some of them are just ignorant of how life is for us but the people on here know how bad things are and still don't care about their fellow dreamers.

Their young and stupid./ old and bitter/ or dismissive af. I really feel sorry for aged out dreamers. Y'all have fought the most and got the least relief. I feel bad for those who have daca and will be forced back into the shadow because of their orders. To know what freedom feels like and then have it taken away is agony.

I find it ironic that those who were once complaining that they were being left out now don't give a damn that someone else feels their pain.

magdation1 06-21-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

When we came over we applied for Political asylum, and after 8 years the case was denied and we received a deportation order -- that's how you get a removal order, therefore I don't qualify even though I was still a minor when this happened.

Also ,I arrived here legally with a Tourist visa and my family immediately applied for political asylum.

gely_velazquez 06-21-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaws (Post 710780)
Their young and stupid./ old and bitter/ or dismissive af. I really feel sorry for aged out dreamers. Y'all have fought the most and got the least relief. I feel bad for those who have daca and will be forced back into the shadow because of their orders. To know what freedom feels like and then have it taken away is agony.

I find it ironic that those who were once complaining that they were being left out now don't give a damn that someone else feels their pain.

Thank you for saying this. I have been grappling with this myself. Loosing the ability to simply drive my son to school for fear of being pulled over. To be able to have a good paying job to provide for my family. I had been freed and now might be forced back into a cage. And although many say this will not pass, there’s a small chance that it will and I need to be mentally prepared for that outcome.

IamAman 06-21-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Daca (Post 710770)
Enough Whataboutism

We should be happy that some of us getting legalized

Instead of pulling back on them

I don't think you know what whataboutism is.

And no, a shit deal can be far worse than no deal. If any bill is passed now, it will take years if ever to pass another one. Look at DACA. Because of the stupid age limit put on it in 2012, the age limit got baked in and has now become a defacto definition of a Dreamer. If they pass a bill that just supports you and people like you, every other dreamer will be screwed for a very long time.

It's not even just the Dreamers who get fucked, but it also cuts legal immigration so people who might have a chance to adjust their status at some point won't have that chance again.

You already have DAC and it's not going away anytime soon. There is time to pass a better bill.

IamAman 06-21-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magdation1 (Post 710782)
When we came over we applied for Political asylum, and after 8 years the case was denied and we received a deportation order -- that's how you get a removal order, therefore I don't qualify even though I was still a minor when this happened.

Also ,I arrived here legally with a Tourist visa and my family immediately applied for political asylum.

It makes no sense to deny those with a removal order and yet allow EWI people to get in. If you were too young to decide to enter illegally then you were too young to overstay a visa or have a failed asylum case.

JohannBernoulli1667 06-21-2018 12:22 PM

I support whatever bill, even if I am left out.

My two brothers would likely benefit from any bill so I see it as a win. I do not qualify for the compromise.
I will find a way.

jaws 06-21-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gely_velazquez (Post 710808)
Thank you for saying this. I have been grappling with this myself. Loosing the ability to simply drive my son to school for fear of being pulled over. To be able to have a good paying job to provide for my family. I had been freed and now might be forced back into a cage. And although many say this will not pass, there’s a small chance that it will and I need to be mentally prepared for that outcome.

Chin up. There is nothing lost yet. One of the things I've realized about this government is that it does what will affect the many. (Outside of tax reform, IDK what they were thinking with that one). None of these bills are for the many.

You're a parent , congrats! I bet they keep you busy and keep your mind off things. Don't worry too much. We'll be fine.

BestBefore1984 06-21-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 710835)
I support whatever bill, even if I am left out.

My two brothers would likely benefit from any bill so I see it as a win. I do not qualify for the compromise.
I will find a way.

Why don't you qualify brother?

belinda59996 06-21-2018 01:23 PM

Do both bills disqualify people by having only charges?

Rogue414 06-21-2018 01:58 PM

So much fuss for something that will never come to be.

nerdfrankie 06-21-2018 02:30 PM

i didn't find anything on the selective service on the second bill?