DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   any advice pls? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12571)

lakersgrl24 09-05-2009 03:32 AM

any advice pls?

DAP! please help, so basically, none of my friends know about my situation, so i thought best to ask you guys out there, who know what i'm actually going through and feel the emotions i'm having. right now, i live with my sister and her boyfriend,they have 3 kids together and i basically get by with a weekly allowance from helping them babysit and clean the house. I would rather not be paid for babysitting them cause i love them to death, but anything to get by right?My sisters boyfriends family owns a supermarket and they've recently asked me if i would like to work there,after this i thought forsure! everything was going to get better. So i began working there for a little more than 2 weeks now and have just found out that they(My sister's boyfriends parents..) decided they weren't going to pay me when i asked why? they said that it would be good experience for me.. so i would get out of the house and do something. So basically they think that i'm lazy because i dont drive and i dont have a job; But of course what they dont know is that i can't get either of them because of my situation.Then, my sister let me know that his parents want me to start paying rent, and still not get paid for working at their store. If i dont start paying rent his parents will kick me out, if i dont work at their store, then they'll kick me out as well. My sister nor her boyfriend have much say in this because the house is his parents. His parents are very strict and basically what they say go's. so asking them to pay me for working is out of the question. I've also thought about just telling them that i'm illegal and i'm really not this lazy person they seem to think i am, but i also don't want to get my sister or the rest of my family involved and basically ratting them out as well.... any advice comments, anything really would be great help. thank you so much for taking the time to read it tooo, i don tknow if i'd made much sense in it either, i have so many thoughts running through my mind, i just couldnt get it out the way i wanted to. hehe thank you againn! i'm so happy i found this website.

luvsherry 09-05-2009 04:55 AM

Re: any advice pls?

whats the point of working there if they're not going to pay you? they're taking advantage of you. how do they expect you to pay rent if they're not willing to pay you.thats fucked up. dont let people walk all over you. btw how old are you? cant you stay with other family members. check out local pizza shop and see if you can get a job.good luck with everything

dream_hope 09-06-2009 05:14 AM

Wow, this is abuse. What they are doing is WRONG on so many levels. Is there any way you and your sister's family can move somewhere else? Could you afford living in a small apartment with them? Can you sit down with her and tell her what is happening?

Good luck with everything!

lakersgrl24 09-07-2009 04:20 AM

thanks for the responses guys, theres so much more to the story but i would die having to type and explain everything out, so answering your questions would take at least 10 pages hah i've realized i'm on my own with this one. but thanks alot!

kala 09-07-2009 02:19 PM

i agree with luvsherry. but its ult. your decision. good luck though! and try to get out of that house! move in with a friend or something! theyre gonna wanna keep taking advantage of you if you stay.

HeyMonday 09-08-2009 12:27 AM

yeah, its your decision in the end, follow your heart, but also think smart.

gko1982 09-08-2009 07:47 PM

hi lakersgrl24,

do you have any friends who you can trust to tell them your situation? does your sister's bf know about your situation?

i wish i could do something to help you, because i went through similar things back during college. i've been living at my aunt's place, and because i don't have parents to pay them my living expenses, i basically started working at their factory since i was 14. i was too young to fight for my life...and things got worse when i started going to college. i couldn't apply for grants (or didn't know how to), and the tuition cost too much that my relatives didn't really want to pay for them. in the end, i had to run away to my friend's house and find little translator jobs to help myself pay for my tuition.

it will be tough...but you have to be strong and determined. in the end it's your life, so you have to make your own decisions and live with them. don't get me wrong, i'm not asking you to run away. it was a very lonely feeling, you are out there by yourself, with nobody to turn to...worse of all, you can't even be fully independent because you are missing a godda*m piece of paper.

anyways. see if you have ppl around who can help you get out of your situation. you'll need some good friends around you as backups. please post back stories! i really want to know that you are ok and not living under fear all the time.

sorry, i don't even know if i'm making sense at all. i was having a fever earlier and sleeping all day...feeling a little dizzy right now. :?

Godisgood2009 09-10-2009 07:02 PM

wow they are using you . I can't believe that they are your family and they can't comprehend your situation . Do you have anyone close to you whom you can live with , anyone that would not use you . This is abuse . How the hell you are going to pay rent if you can't even work . I would suggest you to check craiglist website . I don't know if you are a female or male . If you are a female , you can probably get a babysitting job or nanny in several websites if you look for a lot . Well it depends of the areas that you live . Again i am sorry that you have to go through all this .

lakersgrl24 09-11-2009 12:11 AM

I've realized their using me:( not much to update you guys on though. I have been asking other close friends around for a place to stay in for a while but can't find anybody. I don't have much family where I live and since I've already gotten accepted into a jr college with no questions asked I wouldn't want to risk moving to another city and apply for a jr college that didn't accept me.I Have tried craigslist and asking other people to help me look and putting my name out there.still nothing times are so hard in this economy especially for us, what ca we do ya kno? For now I'm still working there and trying to look for answers, thanks for the support and the advice, I'll try to update you guys still

xxamz3 09-17-2009 03:10 PM

Stripper? If you're old enough that is..if not craigslist is a good way..I am also wanting to suggest scams and stuff but nah that would proly get me banned:D