DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A few questions before sending initial appl. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=68058)

EarlOfGreytea 07-08-2014 11:47 AM

A few questions before sending initial appl.

Hello all,

I've read the majority of threads posted on this forum and have had so many of my questions answered; this is a great resource and a wonderful community. I'm almost done with my initial application and still had a few more questions.

I was looking through an RFE thread and noticed that some applicants were asked to provide even more evidence that they were continuously residing in the U.S. from 2007-present. Do we have to provide evidence through the year or is one document per year acceptable? For example, I have an award from school for the year 2007, another for the year 2008, a letter from school for 2009, etc. Is this enough? Or should I send multiple documents; for instance, something from March 2007 + July 2007 + October 2007, and so on.

Nycgal111 07-08-2014 01:21 PM

Re: A few questions before sending initial appl.

Every case is different so you do not really know the specific details of those cases where they were sent RFE's asking to provide further evidence of continued presence. I would go with the less documents and not send in 100's of pages of proof. It may result in a delay of your approval. Better to send in 1-2 pages per year. I sent in 1 document per year and was approved without being asked to send in more proof of continuous residence.

tanyae 07-08-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nycgal111 (Post 534389)
Every case is different so you do not really know the specific details of those cases where they were sent RFE's asking to provide further evidence of continued presence. I would go with the less documents and not send in 100's of pages of proof. It may result in a delay of your approval. Better to send in 1-2 pages per year. I sent in 1 document per year and was approved without being asked to send in more proof of continuous residence.

Nycgal111, you are correct. We heard the same thing from our lawyer: do not make them crazy by sending tons of proofs. If they will need more, they will ask for it. Also, to the original poster: easy trick is to go to your school district office (I guess you should contact superintendant's office there), and ask them for yout school enrollment history print-out, or a letter that states that you belonged to the school district for so and so years, since-to, and what schools you attended. That's what we did. They have no problem providing you with it, and it's one single page of prooof that covers all your school years. You don't have to send copies of any awards then...

EarlOfGreytea 07-08-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanyae (Post 534393)
Nycgal111, you are correct. We heard the same thing from our lawyer: do not make them crazy by sending tons of proofs. If they will need more, they will ask for it. Also, to the original poster: easy trick is to go to your school district office (I guess you should contact superintendant's office there), and ask them for yout school enrollment history print-out, or a letter that states that you belonged to the school district for so and so years, since-to, and what schools you attended. That's what we did. They have no problem providing you with it, and it's one single page of prooof that covers all your school years. You don't have to send copies of any awards then...

Makes sense! Thanks.

In my head, I knew that, but I guess it just "pre-sending" jitters, haha. :D

cdeals26 07-08-2014 02:42 PM

I sent my packet Sept of 2012.

I sent the first page of my bank statements for each month, a print out of my transcript from college, awards, bills, and my taxes.

My packet was pretty big. If I were to do it again, I would just send a couple of documents for the year, probably 3-5. It would be best if you send a document that covers the entire year, like attendance from high school, etc.