DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Stay away from Barrela Law Firm (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=72250)

ubipanis 08-25-2015 05:23 AM

Stay away from Barrela Law Firm

This is my opinion but this guy struck me as very anti-immigrant. I wouldn't go to him if I were you.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 08-27-2015 03:34 AM

Re: Stay away from Barrela Law Firm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubipanis (Post 561012)
This is my opinion but this guy struck me as very anti-immigrant. I wouldn't go to him if I were you.

What City and State?

IamAman 08-27-2015 12:03 PM

Do you like getting cease and desist letters and/or defamation lawsuits? Because that's how you get them.

2Face 08-27-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 561087)
Do you like getting cease and desist letters and/or defamation lawsuits? Because that's how you get them.

Exactly. Especially if you're just saying one simple sentence. Like I just opened up the thread for no reason at all. I thought I would get a story of how fraud happens and what not. Mods should take this down for OPs sake before he gets into some major shit.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 08-27-2015 11:08 PM

I don't think it counts as defamation. It is like yelp almost. Unless is a false accusation. But if you are sharing your experience then how is it a false accusation?

IamAman 08-28-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 561116)
I don't think it counts as defamation. It is like yelp almost. Unless is a false accusation. But if you are sharing your experience then how is it a false accusation?

But they're a lawfirm. Suing someone is as easy as asking the first year lawyer there to get a court order to find the records from the site and identify the person and serve them the papers (or whatever it is they do). OP's going to have to get his own lawyer and the battle begins.

Pianoswithoutfaith 08-28-2015 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 561121)
But they're a lawfirm. Suing someone is as easy as asking the first year lawyer there to get a court order to find the records from the site and identify the person and serve them the papers (or whatever it is they do). OP's going to have to get his own lawyer and the battle begins.

Yeah so? I have written terrible reviews of more than once lawfirm ive dealt with. All they did was contact me and ask me what was my experience and what they can do to make it better. You guys HONESTLY think they will actually go over the trouble of doing this? You guys know how complicated it would be to find out who the poster is? Its not as simple as 1 2 3 and requires many steps. Lets assume they did went through all this trouble, what IF they are a shady establishments and more people who were victims of them come together for a class action lawsuit against them? Even worse, them suing someone for giving them a bad review is just bad business, imagine going to a store and seeing a review that said: WARNING THIS COMPANY WILL SUE YOU IF YOU TALK BAD ABOUT THEM. Would you really want to shop there?

IamAman 08-28-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 561123)
Yeah so? I have written terrible reviews of more than once lawfirm ive dealt with. All they did was contact me and ask me what was my experience and what they can do to make it better. You guys HONESTLY think they will actually go over the trouble of doing this? You guys know how complicated it would be to find out who the poster is? Its not as simple as 1 2 3 and requires many steps. Lets assume they did went through all this trouble, what IF they are a shady establishments and more people who were victims of them come together for a class action lawsuit against them? Even worse, them suing someone for giving them a bad review is just bad business, imagine going to a store and seeing a review that said: WARNING THIS COMPANY WILL SUE YOU IF YOU TALK BAD ABOUT THEM. Would you really want to shop there?

Even people on yelp have been sued or threatened to be sued before. http://consumerist.com/2015/03/26/ob...gative-review/

My point is that even the lawsuit never mounts to anything, is OP prepared to go head to head with a lawfirm in the court? It'd be one thing to go after a frozen yogurt place because your yogurt wasn't fruity enough but a law office and worse, accusing them of being anti-immigrant when I assume it's an immigration office?

Pianoswithoutfaith 08-28-2015 03:45 PM

If he has actually evidence and he feel he was he would have a fair trial even if they did and yeah from thousands of reviews one business would sue them. It would be his her word against them really. And also last I checked being anti illegal immigration wasn't illegal so the law firm could be anti against all they want to. Now if they are completely misguiding people then yes that is a problem that needs attention. No different than a shady doctor

FlyinAgainstTheWind 08-28-2015 11:00 PM

You can post reviews of lawyers on that AVO website. If it is based on how you felt and the impression that you felt. I mean what can they do about how you feel?