DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anybody have their own Business???? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=7599)

95-6bolt 03-11-2008 05:55 PM

Anybody have their own Business????

I am looking to start my own business pretty soon. Is there anybody on here that has their own business? I have to register the business and have a couple of questions about it.

Thanks.

RahmanIV 03-11-2008 09:19 PM

Re: Anybody have their own Business????

I have my own business, what do you need to know?

95-6bolt 03-11-2008 09:51 PM

I wanted to register a business that I am starting...how would I do that? I don't have a SSN.

Thanks!

RahmanIV 03-11-2008 11:33 PM

dude, I don't have time to give you a whole step-by-step process. You can do your own research using the power of Google. Get an EIN or ITIN. There are also other issues like what type of registration (sole prop., partnership, corporations(S, R)) etc.

95-6bolt 03-11-2008 11:57 PM

Sole Prop....and I have a ITIN number.

laneDearIhope? 03-12-2008 04:13 PM

If you really want him to help you, you should provide information as to what exactly you want to know with background information such as whether you have an ITIN and any other background information you think might be useful, how far you progress in your business and like also post the questions you have I know dreamers are gifted but I don't think their mind readers- just some food for thought :-D

Chris0711 03-13-2008 02:59 PM

hey there, if you want to do your business as a sole prop then you don't need to register unless you want to use a trade name. Since you don't have a SSN you would have to use a ITIN number to pay taxes.

If you decide you want to inc or create an LLC, then you need to go to your state's secretary of state to register, then fill out a form (i think its ss1) for you ein at the IRS website, to open your business account in the bank. let me know if there is anthing else.

peticsu 03-13-2008 05:45 PM

do LLC and go to your states website and they probably have that stuff about how to register...

SomeGuy_ 03-20-2008 06:41 AM

See www.legalzoom.com

You don't need an SSN. Your best route would be to start register an LLC.

angela_87 03-23-2008 09:50 AM

Hey guys!...sorry to butt in but I wanted to start a personal chef business where I live. Is that even possible to do? I have an ITN but no social. I don't have a state issued ID either. I'm 20. Any advice?