DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Real ID NYC (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83540)

agoodperson 04-29-2019 01:27 PM

Real ID NYC

Has anyone been approved for Real ID in NYC with DACA? Was denied for lack of Visa at DMV in College Point, but another person was approved and given one in Garden City.

zalmoxe 05-01-2019 10:25 AM

Re: Real ID NYC

Per NYS website, if you have EAD you need a passport with valid visa or I-94. If you have I-94 then i think you can get one. However, EAD itself is TSA compliant so if you need to fly domestically just use your EAD starting Oct 2020

Demise 05-01-2019 12:52 PM

There's a bit more to that. As per ID44 form you need to show the EAD and evidence of "valid U.S. lawful status as defined by 6 C.F.R. 37.3". 6 C.F.R. 37.3 lists "deferred action" as a lawful status for purposes of the REAL ID Act, what would be the evidence of that? The I-821D approval notice.

So bring them the following:
EAD
I-821D Approval Letter
Social Security Card
Two proofs of residence

I also recommend bringing a printout of ID44 form and printout of 6 C.F.R. 37.3 which states that deferred action counts, just in case you have to argue with them you can pull out the sheets of paper and say this is what the law says.

2MoreYears 05-01-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 735819)
There's a bit more to that. As per ID44 form you need to show the EAD and evidence of "valid U.S. lawful status as defined by 6 C.F.R. 37.3". 6 C.F.R. 37.3 lists "deferred action" as a lawful status for purposes of the REAL ID Act, what would be the evidence of that? The I-821D approval notice.

EAD
I-821D Approval Letter
Social Security Card
Two proofs of residence

I also recommend bringing a printout of ID44 form and printout of 6 C.F.R. 37.3 which states that deferred action counts, just in case you have to argue with them you can pull out the sheets of paper and say this is what the law says.

nothing better than a well educated woman to turn things on...

AALLEEXX 05-30-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 735819)

EAD
I-821D Approval Letter
Social Security Card
Two proofs of residence

I did exactly this and was approved for Real ID! Man the first clerk i spoke to said absolutely not I donít qualify, we went back and forth for about 5 minutes then I asked to speak to his supervisor and she said nope absolutely not! Then I went back and forth with her explaining I meet all the requisites as per the website and form ID44, also explained about the 6 C.F.R. 37.3 which is Code of Federal Regulations, which they have to go by, they kept telling me the website is wrong. Then the supervisor got on the phone and spoke to someone that told her if its DACA then I would qualify, then she was telling the person on the phone that my approval letter I-797 didnít say DACA on it, and from a far i screamed and said yes it does! She came over and she said Where!? And read out Deffered Action for Childhood Arrivals, and she stayed quite, knowing she is clueless about everything.. Eventually after speaking with the person on the phone to get clarification it got approved, ill be getting it in 2 weeks.

dreampro17 05-31-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AALLEEXX (Post 736917)
I did exactly this and was approved for Real ID! Man the first clerk i spoke to said absolutely not I donít qualify, we went back and forth for about 5 minutes then I asked to speak to his supervisor and she said nope absolutely not! Then I went back and forth with her explaining I meet all the requisites as per the website and form ID44, also explained about the 6 C.F.R. 37.3 which is Code of Federal Regulations, which they have to go by, they kept telling me the website is wrong. Then the supervisor got on the phone and spoke to someone that told her if its DACA then I would qualify, then she was telling the person on the phone that my approval letter I-797 didnít say DACA on it, and from a far i screamed and said yes it does! She came over and she said Where!? And read out Deffered Action for Childhood Arrivals, and she stayed quite, knowing she is clueless about everything.. Eventually after speaking with the person on the phone to get clarification it got approved, ill be getting it in 2 weeks.

Which DMV office in NY did you go to in NY?

Cyber1964 05-31-2019 11:25 AM

Anyone know if I can get Rea ID in NJ?

AALLEEXX 05-31-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreampro17 (Post 736941)
Which DMV office in NY did you go to in NY?

College point by the Whitestone expressway.

dreampro17 06-03-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AALLEEXX (Post 736971)
College point by the Whitestone expressway.

Bro did you receive your license? What is the expiration date? Is the expiration of the license date the same as the expiration of EAD?

AALLEEXX 06-03-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreampro17 (Post 737024)
Bro did you receive your license? What is the expiration date? Is the expiration of the license date the same as the expiration of EAD?

Expires the same date the EAD expires.