DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Speculation: Republicans on daca (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=79751)

Mercpop 12-20-2017 01:21 AM

Speculation: Republicans on daca

Seems to me like the democrats won't be able to help us out, but the republicans are adding it to their agenda. I don't see why most of you see the republicans as evil people who don't want to help us. It's good that we've pressured the democrats since it's brought us to the spotlight.. but we also need to start changing our focus on pressuring republicans condering they're the ones in power right now and currently working on some type of daca fix and immigration reform.
Also, any process operators and engineers on here?

tf2legend 12-20-2017 02:22 AM

Re: Speculation: Republicans on daca

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercpop (Post 662243)
Seems to me like the democrats won't be able to help us out, but the republicans are adding it to their agenda. I don't see why most of you see the republicans as evil people who don't want to help us. It's good that we've pressured the democrats since it's brought us to the spotlight.. but we also need to start changing our focus on pressuring republicans condering they're the ones in power right now and currently working on some type of daca fix and immigration reform.

It's not impossible to get Republican votes if you attach border security or wall/fence to any deal. Their biggest reason for voting NO on amnesty is because it encourages more to come. This is true. If you keep giving amnesty without securing the border or changing the system the same problem will come up 10-15 years later. No one wants to pass amnesty after amnesty

Ianus 12-20-2017 02:23 AM

Just read up about HR 4437

Vze77ach 12-20-2017 10:25 AM

I think the DA bill will be passed if the root of problem for illegal immigration can be solved. Republican has a point , we need to enhance the border security and interior enforcement . Democrat need to compromise, I think we the dreamer support “ border security , even the wall , E verify to exchanges for our GC. We have to send this clear message to both parties, especially Fucking Democrat (except Durbin) . Democrat is the one who keep playing us , waffling and then betray us.

MIdreamer 12-20-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercpop (Post 662243)

Republicans can put Dream Act on the floor for a vote right now and it will pass. They can do this right now to help 800K young people and lift the dark cloud that has been over us for years.

Also, look at the vote counts for Republicans on DA for the last few times it was voted on. Just compare the votes between Democrats and Republicans, there is no comparison. The numbers don't lie.

The only obstacle to DACA fix right now is not Democrats. You can make a argument that Democrats are weak and spineless , but we can count on them for a "Yes" vote when Congress vote on the Dream Act.

How many Republicans have you seen on the floor speaking out for Dreamers with our pictures and stories. Durbin has been doing this for 16 YEARS. He didn't do it for political gain, he did it even when there is no spotlight.

LupitaLaDelBarrio 12-20-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianus (Post 662256)
Just read up about HR 4437

It doesnt mean all Republicans hate us.

JayR9 12-20-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LupitaLaDelBarrio (Post 662545)
It doesnt mean all Republicans hate us.

It means MOST of them do. 92% according to the HR 4437 bill.