DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Why are members mysteriously being banned? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82154)

Gnome 06-13-2018 08:57 PM

Why are members mysteriously being banned?

I'm talking about the carnivores, the belindas, the 2Faces. I saw belinda post briefly, but she's banned again?

Also, could the mods please clarify whether or not the off-topic forum is truly off-topic? It seems a policy is being enforced on this forum that's getting some people banned. But maybe I'm not just informed about the policies here. Thank you.

jwxie518 06-13-2018 10:30 PM

Re: Why are members mysteriously being banned?

We are too outspoken. People felt threat ned.

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-13-2018 10:32 PM

Free 2Face!

EMejia 06-14-2018 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 709024)
Free 2Face!

What happened with him?

DogJuiceMan 06-14-2018 09:12 AM

Suspicious indeed. Maybe im just getting rusty.

Swim19 06-14-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnome (Post 708966)
I'm talking about the carnivores, the belindas, the 2Faces. I saw belinda post briefly, but she's banned again?

Also, could the mods please clarify whether or not the off-topic forum is truly off-topic? It seems a policy is being enforced on this forum that's getting some people banned. But maybe I'm not just informed about the policies here. Thank you.

There's no mystery. Most of these users were warned privately before being banned. Bans are usually issued because of continually breaking the forum rules.

As for the off-topic section, we are all adults and should be able to judge topics that are not appropriate. Please remember this is a public forum.

libertarian1776 06-14-2018 03:35 PM

permanent bans are warranted for belinda and dogjuiceman, they are the similar male/female version of each other.

everyone else can come back, free 2face, chyno, danielpll/polska1 and carnivore.

IamAman 06-14-2018 04:08 PM

Mods have access to IP addresses and other data that can catch sock-puppet accounts so I'm sure there is a lot we don't see.

BestBefore1984 06-14-2018 04:32 PM

Personally, I have no issues with the mods.

I had a heart to heart with one of them and I see where they are coming from. If you reach out to them directly, with a problem, they are willing to hear you out.

Overall, they have done a good job letting us test the boundaries. They have a lot on their plate with the number of opposing views here (nothing wrong with that) and at times, they are caught between two stools and they have to make a decision in the heat of the moment. Maybe not the correct one, but they are human and are susceptible to making mistakes.

libertarian1776 06-14-2018 04:56 PM

you’re too fucking nice, man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 709252)
Personally, I have no issues with the mods.

I had a heart to heart with one of them and I see where they are coming from. If you reach out to them directly, with a problem, they are willing to hear you out.

Overall, they have done a good job letting us test the boundaries. They have a lot on their plate with the number of opposing views here (nothing wrong with that) and at times, they are caught between two stools and they have to make a decision in the heat of the moment. Maybe not the correct one, but they are human and are susceptible to making mistakes.