DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pence to lead weekend talks with Democrats to end shutdown, fund border wall (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83121)

2Face 01-04-2019 07:01 PM

Pence to lead weekend talks with Democrats to end shutdown, fund border wall

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...nd-border-wall

KEY TAKEAWAY: The 3 Delegates are KUSHNER, PENCE, NIELSEN. NO MILLER. The trio will close the deal fingers crossed! Graham has said in the past that the deal can happen if Miller is kept out of the talks.

President Trump said Friday his administration will lead weekend talks with Democrats in order to find an agreement to reopen shuttered parts of the government and find a way to fund his southern border wall.

"We're going to be meeting, I've designated a group and we're going to be meeting over the weekend, that group, to determine what we're going to do about the border," Trump said in a White House press conference. He said the group will be "negotiating over the weekend on the look, on other things related to border security."

Vice President Mike Pence will lead the talks, and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said both he and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., would be sending delegates to the meeting. Trump said he also invited Democrats to send who they want to the meeting.

"I said send over whoever you want," Trump told reporters in the Rose Garden.

Trump spoke after what he called a "very, very productive" two-hour meeting at the White House with Democrats on how to resolve the impasse. Trump has said he wouldn't sign a bill funding nine federal agencies until it includes border wall funding, while Democrats have refused any new money for a wall.

Just moments earlier, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said Trump had threatened a shutdown lasting " months or even years" if there were no wall funds. Trump said he did warn about a long shutdown, but he said he thinks a deal can be done quickly.

Aside from Pence, Trump will be represented in talks by adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner and DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.

"We want $5.6 billion very strongly ... we are talking about national security," Trump said, arguing drug smuggling and human trafficking justifies a wall.

"They are trafficking with an end you don't want to know about," he said, invoking cars with "three or four women with tape on their mouths."

"We've built a brand new wall in San Diego, and it's working really well," Trump said.

libertarian1776 01-04-2019 07:18 PM

Re: Pence to lead weekend talks with Democrats to end shutdown, fund border wall

this is the endgame.

congrats dreamer fam.

Charolastra 01-04-2019 07:22 PM

Re: Pence to lead weekend talks with Democrats to end shutdown, fund border wall

Is it happening fam?

2Face 01-04-2019 07:23 PM

DJT is a smart cookie. He is clearly setting these 3 up (especially Pence) and will blame them for giving away “Amnesty” when his base gets angry! I say especially Pence because earlier today Pence said something along the lines of “No Amnesty”. I bet you Trump told him to say that.

Hallowpoint1911 01-04-2019 07:29 PM

I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Democrats already said there won’t be a $5 billion deal.

Racos 01-04-2019 07:31 PM

So excited but also I probably shouldn’t be for the same reasons that Durbin had. Please, whoever the higher power is in this world, get us out of this situation we are in!!!!!!

nada0012 01-04-2019 07:31 PM

Stars are aligning up *.*

GNIGHT 01-04-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallowpoint1911 (Post 725700)
I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Democrats already said there won’t be a $5 billion deal.

It’s called politics.

jwxie518 01-04-2019 07:56 PM

Tell me when they reach a usa act deal please.

2Face 01-04-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallowpoint1911 (Post 725700)

Yes, they've said many other things like the shutdown they orchestrated last year "for Dreamers" and done the complete opposite. In these negotations Democrats are the bigger evil. It's the Republican SEnators who are coming up with deals like Thune, Gardner, Collins, Lamar Smith etc.