DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   WHAT have you done to press for the DA, or have you just been waiting with you arms c (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=15976)

iah 07-27-2010 10:52 PM

WHAT have you done to press for the DA, or have you just been waiting with you arms c

are you one of those who have been pressing congress to pass the dream act or are you one of those who has been waiting with arms crossed???????? which one are you? what actions have you taken??

i made calls to all my state senators and personally wrote a letter to Hutchinson a Texas senator who is on the line of maybe! i spent like 10 bucks printing letters and postal services. i will not stop emailing senators and hispanic advocates to press for the Dream Act as we know CIR is dead..

so what have you done???????? :confused:

starsNmoons 07-28-2010 12:24 AM

Re: WHAT have you done to press for the DA, or have you just been waiting with you ar

I posed the SAME question to people here not so long ago, and basically got this response "good for you for doing something, but we have lives".

noypi69 07-28-2010 12:34 AM

Re: WHAT have you done to press for the DA, or have you just been waiting with you ar

^^ ya and they are same ppl that are angry coz the government hasn't done anything yet! oh and um...i have been calling and even talked about it in class :)

eddy 07-28-2010 12:58 PM

I am pretty sure those senators get lots of calls...they learn to be oblivious to it.

Ali 07-30-2010 01:51 AM

Want a cookie?

Brenda 07-31-2010 12:58 PM

Recently realized that if and when the Dream Act passes is in direct proportion to the amount of work we put into it. That said either all of us or none of us will benefit from it. The only difference is the people, or lack thereof that do the work. How bad do we really want this if we aren't willing to work for it? I'm doing my part by sending out letters. It's quite simple. You write a letter, print it out tons of times and send it out to as many senators as stamps you plan on buying. Then you email, call and tell everyone you know to support your efforts. If you can't do any of this then pray. Hope to not offend anyone by saying this but if you pray with all your heart God will listen. Pray for our senators that don't support the bill as well as those that do. From what I understand, correct me if I'm wrong but the bill was really close to being passed. That extra push is all we really need and either we try really hard or give up. It's your choice, our future.

Andrea 09-01-2010 07:14 PM

Where do you send the letters?

FrankoKid 09-03-2010 04:43 PM

ive been letting everyone know whos in our situation who dont know about the DA some teens dont even know about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noobstur 09-05-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankoKid (Post 171983)
ive been letting everyone know whos in our situation who dont know about the DA some teens dont even know about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here bro. There's not much I can do, but i do like to spread knowledge of our situation and debate the issue with the opposition in discussion forums or websites such as yahoo answers. And I know a lot of people do read it.. some agree, while some don't.

We got the upper hand of the debate here, and it is easy for me to counter any ignorant comment regarding the Dream Act. Sometimes it's funny what people will come up with just to gain the upper hand. But yeah if I could do more to help gain support I definitely would.

S.Aran 09-11-2010 12:16 AM

Civil disobedience in Arizona and Washington DC. #iWin