DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   DACA Approval with prior juvenile record (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=67742)

pamelaw01 06-11-2014 05:57 PM

DACA Approval with prior juvenile record

Hi,

I'm new to this website and have a few questions for those who have been approved for DACA with a prior juvenile record. I answered yes to this question bc my finger prints were taken and my lawyer said that once they ran my background, they would find out about the crime and delay my approval. It was a misdemeanor that got expunged when I turned 18 bc I completed my probation successfully. I sent a paper from the county court house that said it had been expunged and that as an adult I have a clean record. However I applied in January 2014 and my case is stuck in initial review.

To those who have cases similar to mine, how long did it take for you to be approved? If you are still waiting, how lo have you been waiting?

Btw I don't think I will be asked for additional evidence bc I have been enrolled in school since I was in 4th grade till now that I'm in college. I sent all my unofficial transcripts and copies if some wards to show that I'm a better person and have a bright future ahead of me.

Also my lawyer advised to put 0 expenses and 0 assets bc I had no bills to my name and I'm unemployed. I'm married and my husband has helped me pay for everything.

My brothers applied in August 2013 and were approved Nov. 2013. So I know my case is taking longer than usual :(. Any comments will be great!

brz09tls 06-11-2014 11:07 PM

Re: DACA Approval with prior juvenile record

Please go to this link: http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/co...s-daca#request DACA

Then scroll down to "National Security and Public Safety Guidelines"

Read that section and see which type of misdmeanor you fall under... if it's a non-significant misdemeanor, you have a good chance of getting approved. Some people are taking 1 year to get approved, so you with a record before, it's not surprise they taking longer than you might think they should take.

pamelaw01 06-11-2014 11:56 PM

It's a non significant misdmeanor.. I didn't spend time in jail or anything just 4 hrs detained bc their system was down. Like I said I only did 6 months probation and after that I was told not to get in trouble again so that my record would get expunged

g33k 06-12-2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamelaw01 (Post 531575)
It's a non significant misdmeanor.. I didn't spend time in jail or anything just 4 hrs detained bc their system was down. Like I said I only did 6 months probation and after that I was told not to get in trouble again so that my record would get expunged

Its most likely because of that. People have been waiting on average 8 months...the ones with something on their record.

pamelaw01 06-12-2014 12:59 AM

That's good to know! I need them before January! And I applied in January so if they come before then I will be a happy person.. Can I know where you're getting the 8 month period from?

Also have you heard of anyone getting a RFE specifically about their record?

cee89 06-12-2014 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamelaw01 (Post 531586)
That's good to know! I need them before January! And I applied in January so if they come before then I will be a happy person.. Can I know where you're getting the 8 month period from?

I just replied to your message :)

cee89 06-12-2014 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamelaw01 (Post 531586)
That's good to know! I need them before January! And I applied in Januaryperiod. they come before thjit wen I will be a happy person.. Can I kmisdemeanor here you're getting the 8 month period from?

Dont freak out im sure you will get some type of notice around the time you hit the 7 or 8 month period. In my case i did but it was an rfe for something other than my misdemeanor but it could be an approval in your case especially because you sent enough evidence. I wouldn't even mind the misdemeanor since you were only 16 and thats your only one. Dont forget to do an e-request as soon as you hit 6 months, believe it or not it helps to do it :) good luck

pamelaw01 06-12-2014 08:46 PM

Do e request really help? And when should I send it. It says they received my case jan 15th but when I go on my account it says January 22nd was the last time they updated my case. So I was thinking of submitting in on July 22nd.

cee89 06-12-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamelaw01 (Post 531685)
Do e request really help? And when should I send it. It says they received my case jan 15th but when I go on my account it says January 22nd was the last time they updated my case. So I was thinking of submitting in on July 22nd.

I would send an e-request on July 23rd just a day after your 6 months.

pamelaw01 06-12-2014 09:37 PM

Do they respond quickly to the e request? From what I've been seeing most ppl get a similar message saying the case is being worked in and they should receive some sort of feedback from the officer within 90 days