DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Stolen EAD: To Replace or Not (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=79053)

JayR9 10-26-2017 11:08 PM

Stolen EAD: To Replace or Not

Hello All,

I was in SF yesterday on a business trip and while I was eating at a restaurant; the rental car window was smashed when I got back to the parking lot. The thieves popped the trunk and stole both my luggage and backpack. In my backpack was my wallet with the EAD card. Should I report the EAD card stolen? I was thinking of not even bothering to replacing the EAD since we don't know the future of DACA program. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jay

libertarian1776 10-26-2017 11:19 PM

Re: Stolen EAD: To Replace or Not

submit a form for replacement.

my car was broken into couple weeks ago and they took my backpack with the i-821d original copy. thankfully not my EAD.

i just called my lawyer for another copy, despite not being the original.

JayR9 10-26-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 649407)
submit a form for replacement.

my car was broken into couple weeks ago and they took my backpack with the i-821d original copy. thankfully not my EAD.

i just called my lawyer for another copy, despite not being the original.

Are you from SF? I hear that these car robberies are frequent thing. When I returned my car to Avis the lady told me there was 3 incidences the day before.

According to the site I have to file and pay the fee again. I'm considering waiting a few months to see where we are at first with the DA situation

libertarian1776 10-27-2017 12:02 AM

Oakland.. yeah it happens lol

yeah i called USCIS if i can replace my i-821d but its not worth $465 filing fee. so i just contacted my lawyer for a not original replacement copy.

i got lucky they left my wallet wih my EAD in the glove box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayR9 (Post 649408)
Are you from SF? I hear that these car robberies are frequent thing. When I returned my car to Avis the lady told me there was 3 incidences the day before.

According to the site I have to file and pay the fee again. I'm considering waiting a few months to see where we are at first with the DA situation

VIK 10-27-2017 12:50 AM

I have the answer for you.

When does your DACA expire?

The post office lost my EAD I had to re pay the fee and wait about 5 months. 5 Months later they terminated my DACA now I'm here worried about my future.

Swim19 10-27-2017 08:31 AM

It depends on when your EAD expires and if you think you will need it (ie: starting a new job, renewing a driver's license).

Form VIK's experience it appears USCIS looked over his file when he requested his replacement EAD and then decided to he no longer was eligible for DACA. So there's the other question, do you have anything in your background that might cause a termination of DACA if you apply for a replacement (ie: expunged DUI)?

JayR9 10-27-2017 09:57 AM

I expire Oct 2018, it's a good thing I still have my drivers license. My license date is tied the EAD expiration. I'm not sure if it worth it for just a year. I have a clean record.

fl_dreamer 10-27-2017 11:53 AM

Unless you are planning on switching new jobs, I say just wait till January to see what happens. Hoepfully, you have a copy of the EAD!

Ianus 10-27-2017 10:26 PM

I think you should replace, there is no proof of being in the country legally unless you have that.

2Face 10-27-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianus (Post 649621)
I think you should replace, there is no proof of being in the country legally unless you have that.

Well there is form I-821D, officially Deferred Action documents. However, you're right, that EAD is a must to have.