DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Request for evidence confusion... (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82775)

TexMex91 09-15-2018 06:40 PM

Request for evidence confusion...

So i recently submitted an application for a replacement ead because my first one never arrived. It was a hassle dealing with usps so i decided to pay again. My application was approved and later received a new ead card. Now about 2 momths later i receive a request for evidence from uscis but i already have my card, why would they need the evidence if they already sent me my card? Im not sure what to do, has anyone had this happen before?

TexMex91 09-15-2018 06:47 PM

Re: Request for evidence confusion...

One thing i could think of is that the card i received was maybe the original that finally arrived? Since this evidence needed is for a replacement i am assumimg i can just ignore it and even if it gets denied for a replacement, it doesnt matter because i have the ead already. It would be as if i "found" my card and no longer need a replacement.

DACA-IR-DA 09-17-2018 03:30 AM

Any other application filed? What does the RFE say?

EMejia 09-17-2018 08:36 AM

Anyway you can call and check?

TexMex91 09-17-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACA-IR-DA (Post 719299)
Any other application filed? What does the RFE say?

It says i need to provide a replacement explanation. Basically a reason for needing a replacement, like was it stolen, lost, mutilated etc.

Got_Daca 09-17-2018 04:15 PM

They arw trying to deny with every chance they get

JJ Glo 09-17-2018 04:32 PM

Surely there is a date on the letter or envelope in which your EAD came in that will allow you to verify wether it was your original EAD or the replacement? What is the status of your replacement application when you lookup your application number?

TexMex91 09-18-2018 01:00 PM

Spoke with an immigration officer and was as confused as i am, but he said the safest thing to do is to just give them what theyre asking for and explain to them that i already have a card with me. He said if i ignore the application will be denied and might cause issues later on.

JJ Glo 09-18-2018 01:30 PM

Doesn't the EAD come with a tracking number? Look it up, when was it shipped?

Simple really, if your replacement EAD case is still active, respond to their request for more information, just let them know that you have received the EAD.

eRkah 09-19-2018 01:26 PM

How long was it since you were approved and then sent the application for the replacement?

Last year, i received an EAD approval letter in July, but didn't receive the card until late november, after a few service requests (calls/website).

but it's a strange coincidence you received one after sending an application for replacement. Maybe if you explain the whole situation, they could 'cancel' the application and refund you? wishful thinking maybe